Thread: Two apps to check and verify MD5 CRC32 checksums

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Default Two apps to check and verify MD5 CRC32 checksums

Today i will give you some info about the two most used files for checkin MD5, MD4 and CRC32 checksums(hashes).As you might know the leaked builds for Windows 7 are infected with Trojans and malwares and it becomes necessary to check the MD5 check sums before downloading the torrent.So i give you two apps to choose from.One is ‘MD5 Checker’ and the other is ‘Marixio File Checksum verifier’.

MD5 Check

MD5 Check is a small tool that will help you create and check MD5 checksums.An MD5 checksum (hash) is usually displayed as 32 hexadecimal characters, one for each 4 bits of the checksum.With MD5 Check you will be able to verify the data integrity and authenticity of any file and compare the output data with any given one.You can download it here.

Marixio File Checksum verifier

Marxio File Checksum Verifier is a small portable tool which can help you in calculating and also verifying Checksum like CRC32, MD5 & MD4 hash etc.Some of the supported checksum formats are CRC32, MD4, MD5, SHA1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512.You can download Marxio File Checksum Verifier here.

Source - Tech Mania

leofelix is offline Member

Reaaly interersting.. thanks
    I installed a plugin for Firefox which is able to verify MD5 Checksum

Malware Hash | Firefox Plugin: Malware Hash Fox [Scan Downloaded Files for presence of Viruses]
    Last edited by leofelix; 20th May 2009 at 23:58.