Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IObit Security 360 - Now freeware & available ... but take care!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation IObit Security 360 - Now freeware & available ... but take care!

IObit Security 360 is an advanced malware & spyware removal utility that detects, removes the deepest infections, and protects your PC from various of potential spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and hijackers. With the unique "Dual-Core" engine and the heuristic malware detection, IObit Security 360 detects the most complex and deepest spyware and malware in a very fast and efficient way. IObit Security 360 has a real-time malware protection and frequent updating for prevention of zero-day security threats. Designed for Windows® 7, Vista™, XP and 2000 (32bit and 64bit), IObit Security 360 can work with your Antivirus for a superior PC security.

File Size: 9.54 MB
    Operating System: Designed for Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000 (32bit and 64bit)
    Languages: Multi-languages

What's new in v1.10:
    - Fully supported Security Center for Windows 7
    - Improved scan engine
    - Added Portable version generation function
    - Added IObit Toolbar

Edit: PLS READ COMMENTS BELOW.

leofelix is offline Member

Thank you HappyAndyK,
    as I said I had been a beta tester of this so called security software, I translated into italian too.
    I left IOBit forums, I removed all IOBit softwares from all my computers and no longer reccomend it.

I was aware they were on the point to bundle a spyware toolbar into their programs, but I was not allowed to tell pubblicy, now there are no longer problems for me.

IOBit toolbar is likely to be "Ask com toolbar" or "Conduit toolbar" renamed, however some antivirus detected IOBit toolbar as malware.

I'm going to make some tests and I'll post my results here and on Calendar Of Updates Forums.

In the meanwhile you may read this related review by Donna MVP

IObit Security 360 Review: Free Malware Scanner and Remover

Performance and Effectiveness
    Rating

IObit Security 360 will use 14MB of memory when it is idle. Running a scan will used more memory – 79MB.
    The quick scanner of IObit Security 360 finished scanning in 4 minutes and 33 seconds and it able to scan 58,990 objects. What is interesting is when I let it scan the system drive, it finished in 16 minutes and 55 seconds but it only reported to scan 14,403 objects. I proceed to change the default settings by un-checking the box before “scan executable files only”. The program is able to scan 102,760 in 34 minutes and 58 seconds.
    Real-time Protection: The real-time protection of the program failed to stop any of the malware files while transferring and storing from removable drive to the system drive. This means the real-time protection of IObit Security 360 is very poor.
    On-Demand Scanner: I test the malware scanner of the program but it only detected 24 out of 50 positive malware samples. IObit Security 360 successfully quarantined the 24 malware. I changed the scanner settings to scan all files (by un-checking the box before “scan executable files only”) but the program continue to not to detect the remaining 26 malware files.
    Note that the samples in the test is exactly the same malware samples I tested against AntiVir and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Thats a great input there leo, thanks a ton! I wasnt aware of it since I use NOD32 on my Win7 and MSE on my Vista!

leofelix is offline Member

You're welcome HappyAndyK,
    well according to IOBit company IS 360 is an antispyware wich should be used along side any antivirus (but Avira and some other antivirus do not play well with it)

Here is what I've just reported to The Hall of Shame (Unwanted addons) at CoU

http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/index.php?s=&showtopic=16109&view=findpost&p=92759
    Last edited by leofelix; 30th October 2009 at 10:46.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

thanks leofelix !

very interesting.

seti is offline Member

Thanks for the information my friend, I thought I remembered reading something somewhere about this and you reminded me, so I did not have to search for it.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Add this information to that provided by leofelix:

Malwarebytes has recently uncovered evidence that a company called IOBit based in China is stealing and incorporating our proprietary database and intellectual property into their software. We know this will sound hard to believe, because it was hard for us to believe at first too. But after an indepth investigation, we became convinced it was true. Here is how we know.
    See the complete story at IOBit Steals Malwarebytes' Intellectual Property, including information on the how the MBAM Staff made the determination.

I have known the Malwarebytes developers and researchers for a long time. You can be absolutely certain that they dotted every "i" and crossed every "t" and then checked yet again before publishing their findings.
    Last edited by Corrine; 2nd November 2009 at 21:54.

hi !

THANKS Corrine !

almost unbelievable....

I guess in view of all this, we shouldnt even be giving them a link !

Clipping their link! Editing title.

hi !

good idea Andy, i was going to suggest that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast