Jal
    Jal is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thumbs up How to add EXTENDED ID3 tags to music files

Thought I should share this to help beginners and music enthusiasts.

I love music but I love it more when it is properly organized. Thats why I always double check ID3 tags for proper Artist, Album and Year information before adding any new mp3 song file to my library. While on one hand you can easily set Artist, Album, Year and Contributing Artists tags through the mp3 file properties, very few might know that you can add more information about Lyricist, Copyright, Mix artist, Recording company, Composer, Publisher, Album art and even full Lyrics into the mp3 file itself. You need a good mp3 tagging software like MP3Tag. Download it and get ready to optimize your music library by adding extended ID3 tags:

1) Open MP3Tag and drag n’ drop some mp3 files into it. Select mp3 file(s), ‘Right click’ > ‘Extended tags…’

2) In the window that appears, you can edit the existing extended tags or make your own.

3) Press the ‘Add Field…’ button as shown above and the ‘Edit tag info’ window will appear. Use the drop down to select the desired field you want to set. Enter its value in the ‘Value’ field below. Press ‘OK’. Likewise you can set many such extended tags which are inaccessible otherwise.

4) Some of the important extended tags you would want to set are: Composer, Lyricist, Lyrics, Copyright and Website information.

Hope you liked it!

[Weblog Entry]

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Nice info, Thanks!

rkonit is offline Gold Member

@Jal Im using the same app MP3Tag but unable to get title of mp3 songs from Internet... Any wordaround would be appreciated.???

Jal
    Jal is offline Windows Enthusiast

^^ You mean the 'Title' tag is missing. You can set them by two ways.

--Just drag the mp3 file(s) and double click inside the 'Title' column and it will let you edit the Title.

--However, if you have loads of files then you might want to use this trick. Here, I assume that the filename of the file is proper. Just press 'Filename-Tag' button in the toolbar. In the window that pops up, enter %filename% and click OK. All the titles will be set according to the filename.

Hope this helps!

iMav is offline Gold Member

Old is gold. Very useful. Had written about it around a year ago :P 5 n00b Softwares To Make You Look Pro | I'm Just Being Manan

The best part of this software is the ability to embed album art in the meta. Lovely piece of software.
    Last edited by iMav; 3rd November 2009 at 10:15.