MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

Default OEM Info Tool for Windows 7 & Vista

OEM Info Tool is a little freeware tool that allows you to add or modify the OEM information you see when you open the System Properties window. It works on Microsoft Windows Vista and 7.

What does OEM Info Tool do?

When you buy branded personal computers which come pre-installed with Windows, the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) like Dell, Sony, etc. puts in the OEM information, thereby branding the Windows PC. This branding includes logo of the OEM, the support web site along with other information. But when you install Windows yourself from the Windows DVD, this OEM information is never set. This information is absent from the System Properties window. You can use the OEM Info Tool to add or modify this OEM information. You can put in any information you like, setting your personal picture as logo.

Using OEM Info Tool

First of all download the OEM Info Tool from the Downloads section. Extract the ZIP archive to any folder of your choice. Then right-click on OEMInfo.exe and select Run as administrator.
    OEM Info Tool must be run with administrator credentials because it needs to make changes in the registry as well as copy the logo file to the Windows folder.
    Backup and Restore

If you have already set OEM information yourself or your OEM has set the information, then OEM Info Tool will show this information on the startup. In this case, it as highly advised that you backup your original information before making any changes. To make a backup of your current settings, select File Backup. If later you want to restore the settings from the backup, you can choose File Restore.
    Adding and Modifying

If you have not set any OEM information previously, then OEM Info Tool will show up with all fields blank. You can add any information you want. You must fill all the fields and choose a logo file before you can save the changes. To choose a logo file, click on the button labeled Browse Logo. Alternatively, you can select from menu File Browse Logo. Then select a Windows BMP file. The logo file should be 120x120 pixels in size and should be of type BMP only. I have provided some logo files on this page for you to start with. Right-click on any of the logo and select Save As to save that logo file on your hard disk.

TrishTech.com - Downloads

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for posting

rkonit is offline Gold Member

I would like to collect this small utility but Already available in Ultimate Windows Tweaker since first release.

geeyes is offline Beginner

A good utility. Thanks for posting

seti is offline Member

I am glad you posted Ramash because I thought, heck there is a simplier way and that is to use UWT but could not honestly remember if it was there or not.

jmartins is offline New Member

Hi all,

When using OEM Info Tool and backup, where is is stored and what is the name of the file?

Thanks,

J Martins

Elmer B. is offline Windows Enthusiast

I sometimes feel I must be unique (Well, My Mommy says I am!!! ) but I've never managed to get UWT to work for me! I'd ask it to do something, click apply and the UI would just shut down on me! Luckily for me I suppose is that most of the tweaks I would have used I've already got .reg files and scripts for but using a nice interface would have been easier on the eye.

It's been a few months since I last tried it so I'm going to have another look.

jmartins is offline New Member

Thanks Elmer

charlie408 is offline New Member

Window 7 supports all the programs of xp and vista. Its support highly multitasking. So user can manage the window button, so its easy to manage the programs and easy to shutdown.
    Its fast access compare to vista. I like the multi screen menu for that u can see the entire work of the task manager.

gmonly is offline New Member

i like putting my logo on pc's i work on. thanks