Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Create 38 Windows GodModes with GodMode Creator

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation Create 38 Windows GodModes with GodMode Creator

We are pleased to release GodMode Creator for Windows 7 & Vista. GodMode Creator is a freeware utility which lets you create 38 “GodModes” in Windows 7 & Vista with a click.

GodModes are nothing but developer shortcuts built into Windows 7 & Vista, that enable easy access to certain settings and information about the operating system.

Using GodMode Creator, you can create these shortcuts easily. Simply click on the desired button and it will create the Special Folder or “GodMode”.

GodMode Creator has been developed Ritesh Kawadkar for The Windows Club. It has been tested on Windows 7 & Vista.

If you wish to give feedback, please do so here

EDIT: GodMode is known to be incompatible with 64-bit versions and could crash explorer.exe.
    Last edited by HappyAndyK; 12th January 2010 at 01:57. Reason: inserted x64 warning in blod

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Has this been tested on 64-bit or should there be a warning that it is for 32-bit only? My understanding from Ed Bott and Bill Pytlovany is that this feature does not work on 64-bit.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Working fine here on Windows 7 Ultimate (x86).

While the program has been tested and found to create the shortcuts on 6 computers, including mine, it appears that on SOME computers it just does not do anything. So please bear; the developer is having a re-look at it and will revert in a day or two.

Ritesh tested the program on his 64-bit too and ran just fine. However, yes, GodMode in Windows x64 is known to be incompatible with 64-bit versions and could crash explorer.exe. If you find that this makes your explorer.exe unstable or makes it crash, I suggest you use the cmd to delete this folder, as mentioned at the end of this page. Note added on its homepage too.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Today I re-installed Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit too............and tried GodMode Creator, and it worked on my fresh installed system.

Everyone should note that this program will not open any other program like Action Center or Biometric wizard, this program is intended to create Shortcut on desktop. So once you create on any of the bouncing Icon, respective icon shortcut would be created on Desktop.

Note:I don't know whats the problem is, So your feedback will help me let know. So keep them Coming

Can some members download it and check if it does (or does not) create the shortcuts on your desktop?

StrayCat is offline Senior Member

Works OK over here..well done,Ritesh!
    (Win7 32bit)
    Maybe you could also integrate some kind of information pop-up, 'Done' or similar.

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Can some members download it and check if it does (or does not) create the shortcuts on your desktop?
    Yes it worked for me

leofelix is offline Member

It works here
    I've successfully created a "WindowsUpdate" shortcut on my desktop.

Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit - Italian

sdibaja is offline New Member

"GodMode is known to be incompatible with 64-bit versions and could crash explorer.exe"

that should be BOLD and at the top please!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast