Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thumbs up Partition Manager Free Edition: Disk Resize & partitioning software for Windows 7

With Partition Manager Free Edition, from Paragon, you can easily resize and move partitions through the smart and safe Resize Wizard and also organize and optimize your hard drive with Create, Format and Delete Wizards.

Download: Free Partition Manager Express

Max_Payne is offline Senior Member

Probably one of the best Partition Managers after Windows Disk Management.

I used a promotional version of 9.5 PRO version, I got just satisfactions.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

If you do any disk partitioning work, make sure you first image that partition(s). I shot myself into the leg already a couple of times. http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...e-macrium.html

jelson is offline Beginner

A very nice companion for Paragon's Partition Manager:

Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition.

I respect whs' advice on Macrium Reflect Free. I've tried it, but kept on looking because it lacks the ability to restore to a smaller partition even if the image will fit into it. However, most users won't need this feature and Macrium Reflect Free is a very solid product.

Main reason I recommend Paragon B&R 10 is that it includes an ISO for Rescue Media so you can image your system partition outside of Windows and do "bare metal recoveries." Also Paragon often runs promotions so you'll have opportunities to get other programs to compliment B&R 10.

Here's the registration page: Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition

Download 32-bit: http://dl.paragon-software.com/free/br_free.msi
    Download 64-bit: http://dl.paragon-software.com/free/br_free_x64.msi

Here's a good review of the program: Paragon throws their hat into the “free image backup software” category with Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition | | dotTech

Couple of months old, but I just tried the registration link and it still loads.

Also, there is alternative partition manager that's worth getting while it's being promoted: EASEUS Partition Master Professional 4.1.1

Unlike their Free version, Pro is Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit compatible.

Of all the partition manager's I've tried, I like EASEUS the best. Some operation even work from within Windows. A bit spooky to do that, but hey... I already had a verified good system partition image... just in case.

Here's the link to their promo page (no idea how long the promo will last): EASEUS Partition Master Professional Edition Giveaway: Get a Free Partition Manager for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 32 and 64Bit Today Now.
    Last edited by jelson; 20th January 2010 at 15:10.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Paragon is a great program. I usually recommend Macrium because it is so dead simple to use and for the average user it is sufficient. I used Paragon too, but it is more challenging to operate. But restore to blank iron and cloning are good arguments for it.

jackam is offline New Member

I just saw a news about free partition software. Partition Assistant can repartition, resize partition operation on hard drives with keeping the ease and safety of your data.

http://extend-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html

vvorl is offline Beginner

I use free EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition jelson noted above and haven't had any problems with this software. Recent versions works just fine with Win7 (both 32 and 64) and very easy to use.
    And free EASEUS Todo Backup backup and restore software is also in my use list since I've found it.
    There is also free Recover soft definetely worth trying.

Red Moon is offline New Member

Default eaeus partition master is choice

just like vvorl said, i vote for eaeus partition master because of its easier guide for me to understand the whole process

quququ is offline New Member

Default surppot easeus

yeah, i sincerely agree with jelson, among all the partition management software, easeus is the best. it's main features are perfect for business and home use. in addition, it has many edition, you can choose what can help you most.winkani:

junehe is offline New Member

I think you can use Aomei Partition Assistant Server Edition to resize your partition.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last