Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Fix File Associations in Windows 7 & Vista with File Association Fixer

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Lightbulb Feedback: Fix File Associations in Windows 7 & Vista with File Association Fixer

We are pleased to release File Association Fixer for Windows 7 & Vista.

If you find that you are unable to open particular files, identify the type of file and use Fix File Association to fix file type associations easily, with a click!

File Association Fixer detects whether you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista installed and accordingly offers you the relevant fixes only.

We always recommend that you create one before making any changes to your system.

File Association Fixer has been developed for The Windows Club by Ritesh Kawadkar, based on the inputs from my MVP colleague Ramesh Srinivisan.

CHRISMUR is offline New Member

When I try to `open` File Association Fixer on Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 8 - the page tries to `open` at the rate of approx. 2 pages per second [guesstimate] - unsuccessfully - I then have to FORCE a shutdown to stop this - or it would continue - NON STOP!

I have exactly the same problem trying to `open` FixWin - another Windows Club recommendation.
    I Scan and run `checks` on my Computer on a very regular basis - nothing has shown to be running incorrectly.

Although I am inexperienced in `Computing` - I am only trying to `Select` and `Open`an item - I am sure that I am not doing anything wrong.

I mention my inexperience because I need any suggestions to be worded as simply as possible please - I have only approx. 6 Months experience on a Computer and late in life.

Is it possible that I am having problems because these items are `Zip Files`- I have not had any problems with any other type of File or Program.

I would really appreciate help with this - in as simple terms as possible please.
    "Thanks", CHRISMUR.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISMUR View Post
    When I try to `open` File Association Fixer on Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 8 - the page tries to `open` at the rate of approx. 2 pages per second [guesstimate] - unsuccessfully - I then have to FORCE a shutdown to stop this - or it would continue - NON STOP!
    I have exactly the same problem trying to `open` FixWin - another Windows Club recommendation.
    2 pages per second - didn't get clearly. Can we have any screenshot to rectify the issue?

CHRISMUR is offline New Member

Default File Association and FixWin problems

My guess of 2 pages a second are because Internet Explorer keeps trying to open EITHER FixWin or File Association Fixer - If left HUNDREDS of pages will `stack up`.
    When this is happening - nothing else can be done - I can only force a shutdown OR turn off the Computer - no `keys` and often the mouse will not work - so I doubt whether I could `Printscreen` - in any event while IE8 is trying to open one of the above only a WHITE screen can be seen - so `Printscreen` would not show anything.

anonymous is offline New Member

Just FYI but when you run this application on XP, the fonts look weird. Its like tthey don't use XP's Cleartype or maybe its not an XP font.

Its for 7 & Vista only...

anonymous is offline New Member

Yeah I know. Maybe add OS detection so it won't run on XP?

Ryguy is offline New Member

Ok I am Kinda Pissed off.
    For about a Month i have ben Having Problems with My Programs. And me Being unable To open it.
    well I saw this I was Like "Omgosh, What i was looking for"
    So i Downloaded this Blah blah. Ok so Now i opend it and I click the Exe Icon. (so it can fix my Programs) Guess what it starts telling me something about "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." and lower down it says APPLICATION NOT FOUND. Fml
    Help Please?

Hi, I'm sure its developer Ritesh will be here to help you out.

Meanwhile try my suggestion. Run the app as an Admin. In case you get the Unhandled Exception error, click on Continue and see it it helps.

In any case before doing that click on Details and copy-paste the entire error report and paste it here.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy View Post
    Ok I am Kinda Pissed off.
    For about a Month i have ben Having Problems with My Programs. And me Being unable To open it.
    well I saw this I was Like "Omgosh, What i was looking for"
    So i Downloaded this Blah blah. Ok so Now i opend it and I click the Exe Icon. (so it can fix my Programs) Guess what it starts telling me something about "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." and lower down it says APPLICATION NOT FOUND. Fml
    Help Please?
    Please tell me which OS you are using?
    Also is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

Meanwhile I would suggest you to download and install .NET Framework 3.5 in case you don't have it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast