Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Taskbar Thumbnail Customizer

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Smile Feedback: Taskbar Thumbnail Customizer

Windows 7 Taskbar Thumbnail Customizer will allow you to customize Windows 7 taskbar thumbnail previews in detail. You can change the size of the thumbnail, its spacing, top, bottom, left, right margins and text height too!

Windows 7 Taskbar Thumbnail Customizer v 1.0, has been developed by our TWC Forum member Kishan Bagaria, age 12 and a Class VII student, based on the tweaks developed by Winhelponline.

If you need to give feedback, please do so here

jaeger is offline New Member

I think you should'nt use w*w.thewindowsclub.com/make-taskbar-previews-appear-faster-in-windows-7 tip for the delay time, because this changes the hover time globally. And your tool is named "Taskbar Thumbnail Customizer".
    Instead have a look w*w.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-taskbar-thumbnail-preview-windows-7/.

If you don't want to change it you should at least edit the "ExtendedUIHoverTime", too. Because if this DWORD exists in the registry, your tool dosn't work for the taskbar.

iMav is offline Gold Member

interesting, all reg tweaks being made in GUI based progs. Nice.

Kishan is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
    I think you should'nt use w*w.thewindowsclub.com/make-taskbar-previews-appear-faster-in-windows-7 tip for the delay time, because this changes the hover time globally. And your tool is named "Taskbar Thumbnail Customizer".
    Instead have a look w*w.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-taskbar-thumbnail-preview-windows-7/.

If you don't want to change it you should at least edit the "ExtendedUIHoverTime", too. Because if this DWORD exists in the registry, your tool dosn't work for the taskbar.
    I use "ExtendedUIHoverTime" instead of "MouseHoverTime"

jaeger is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kishan View Post
    I use "ExtendedUIHoverTime" instead of "MouseHoverTime"
    Interesting...
    Unfortunately only the value of "MouseHoverTime" changed during my tests. "ExtendedUIHoverTime" stayed always on the old value.

^^Strange.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

mathman is offline New Member

Unhappy v1.1 - Not Working.

Windows 7 here.

I ran the program using a variety of settings for the spacings and margins, including the settings featured in the promo page.

When I applied the changes, it just blinked but made absolutely no changes at all. In short, it is not working for me.

regards,
    Andrew

^^Did the Explorer restart? I mean that did the taskbar and icons disappear for a few seconds?

BMN
    BMN is offline New Member

it does nothing for me as well. could it be because i'm running windows 7 64-bit? read some comments elsewhere and people with 64 bit seem to not be able to resize taskbar icons and change delay time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast