Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Feedback: System Restore Manager for Windows 7

LeeW is offline Gold Member

When you get the error message, if you click continue does the application still show the following:

All Restore Points in the list
    All your Fixed Drives (Non CD\DVD or Removable)

Do you have Office 2010 installed?

I have had a couple of others email me running XP, and trying to narrow down what may be different in XP than Vista or 7

yethz is offline Windows Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    When you get the error message, if you click continue does the application still show the following:

All Restore Points in the list
    All your Fixed Drives (Non CD\DVD or Removable)

Do you have Office 2010 installed?

I have had a couple of others email me running XP, and trying to narrow down what may be different in XP than Vista or 7
    yeah if i click continue the app still shows but
    all fixed drives are blank when i click the down arrow

I'm getting a copy of XP today and try and recreate the error with it as it is only doing it in XP. I think I know what the problem may be but not 100% so hopefully it's just a minor fix

I'm getting a copy of XP today and try and recreate the error with it as it is only doing it in XP. I think I know what the problem may be but not 100% so hopefully it's just a minor fix
    Oh thats cool..
    hope you can fix it for XP users, i do still have xp dual booting with 7...

I tried installing XP but was given a bad install disk so no XP. I do think I figured out what the problem is though. I have written a small app to run on an XP machine and see if Drives will load correctly. If anyone is running XP and would like to help me by testing it, shoot me a message with your email and I will send you the test application.

Hopefully it works and I can fix System Restore Manager for XP users

Thanks to yethz for testing for me, I'll have a updated version working for XP today sometime. So for those running XP, keep an eye, out fixed version is on the way

Thanks to yethz for testing for me, I'll have a updated version working for XP today sometime. So for those running XP, keep an eye, out fixed version is on the way
    Yaay!
    Thats awesome bro Lee, cant wait for it

ozy
    ozy is offline New Member

Smile No Auto Points Set in this App (SRM)

I'm using a new Computer (3 months old) with Windows 7 (64 bit) & am trying to over come this --->> "System Restore in Windows 7 creates a scheduled restore point only if no other restore points have been created in the last 7 days."

I have SRM set to make a Restore Point 1 time a day & the Registry Does have a DWORD set to 86400 (RPGlobalInterval REG_DWORD 0x00015180 (86400)...This Registry entry WAS set through SRM successfully!

I know I can set a manual point myself each day, but I'm trying to find an App that will complete this function Automatically each day (like Win XP).

Perhaps I'm trying to make this App (System Restore Manager) do something that's it's not capable of ?

Thanks...... Al

Nigel is offline New Member

Hi - I have received the same errors as others with Window 7 Ultimate x64 edition.

I have system restore only set for one partition (I have several) - but your utility was unable to show any drives when I clicked beyond the screen with the errors.

The errors are the same as others have posted

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Hi - I have received the same errors as others with Window 7 Ultimate x64 edition.

I have system restore only set for one partition (I have several) - but your utility was unable to show any drives when I clicked beyond the screen with the errors.

The errors are the same as others have posted
    I am getting ready to release a new version. Until then a workaround is type the drive you want to make changes to in the space where drives should be displayed.

example: C:\

From there just adjust the other settings. You can check to make sure changes have been applied by viewing System Protection Properties

Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last