Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By japp

Thread: Re-Enable regedit, cmd, task manager, system restore, folder options

japp is offline Gold Member

Default Re-Enable regedit, cmd, task manager, system restore, folder options

Re-Enable 2.0.1.0.

Re Enable regedit, command console "cmd", task manager, system restore and folder options after been disabled by a virus

Re Enable regedit, command console "cmd", task manager, system restore and folder options after been disabled by a virus.

Often times, viruses or malware will disable Windows features, and even after removing the virus these Windows utilities will remain disabled. This is where the program Re-Enable comes in handy. Re-Enable Portable is a handy tool that will re enable registry editing

The program has the ability to restore functionality to these Windows features:
    Windows Registry
    Command Line Tool
    Windows Task Manager
    System Restore Config
    Folder Options
    Run command
    My Computer
    Task Scheduler
    Right Click Context menu
    Ms-Config (Xp only)
    Control Panel
    Search

All in one Click! - Re-Enable also includes a tool menu where you can Scan Edit Delete Autorun.inf files, Repair Desktop icons and background, Edit Hosts, Services, Network, Protocols files, Reset File and Folder Attributes, Repair Explorer.exe Startup problem, unhide hidden drives, Repair Safe mode also Repair Ntldr if F8 safe mode menu is disabled, also launch Gpedit.msc, Task manager, Regedit and Msconfig.

All this in one tool without messing around with scripts or third party registry editors. This is coded in .net but doesn't need .net installed because .net dependencies are included in the program making it fully portable. Give Re-Enable a try to see what it's really capable of!

Re-enable V2

Similar tool: Remove Restrictions Tool.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Nice find... its worthy to try.
    But one thing I didn't get that why did they use RADIO BUTTONS instead of CHECK BOXES for multiple selection. Strange UI?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Nice find Mate ...

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Nice find but I too agree, what is it with people using radio (option) buttons instead of checkbox buttons when they are easier to use for this type of application.
    Perhaps they like to be not like everyone else?

Tangomouse is offline New Member

Hi all ,Im the creator/programmer of Re-Enablev2

I would like to point out why i used radio buttons instead of check box ,to me a check box is plain with no colour or depth and to make radio buttons work like check boxes took some coding ,i did it all for the overall effect.

I plan to correct this in the next release.

thanks for finding it and all comments are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Tangomouse View Post
    Hi all ,Im the creator/programmer of Re-Enablev2

I would like to point out why i used radio buttons instead of check box ,to me a check box is plain with no colour or depth and to make radio buttons work like check boxes took some coding ,i did it all for the overall effect.

I plan to correct this in the next release.

thanks for finding it and all comments are welcome
    Welcome and thanks for your proggie
    I like the radio buttons

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

1 also like the radio buttons. In this applications context I think they are more appropriate than checkboxes - but that is only my opinion.

Default Re-Enable II

Re-enable was designed to repair the left over damage caused by Viruses,Malware Trojans.

By now most of you will already know that viruses that disable such critical Windows features
    are very common. Once the virus disables any of the feature, common users have no choice
    but to reinstall the Windows or perform complicated registry changes.
    Re-Enable plans to change all this with a dead-simple tool.

With one click Re-enable will repair the following windows features.

Restore F8 safe mode menu

Registry editor

Command console “cmd”

System restore

Start menu Run command

Task manager

Task scheduler

Safe mode

Right click context menu

My computer properties

Folder options

Windows explorer search

start menu search

Reset file and folder attributes

Ms Config

Restore explorer registry key

Re-enable will also edit hosts file

Scan and delete Autorun.inf files

Re-enable version 2 has been tested with W32.daprosy worm - W32.sality.aa and other
    sality variants - antivirus 2009 - trojan.Win32.Delfiles.n and many more with 100% success

Make sure the viruses have been removed before running re-enable for best results however
    If you do run re-enable with viruses still running the viruses may undo re-enables repairs.
    For a list of virus removal tools see the download page. If re-enable fails in any way ,chances
    are the virus is still running.

Requires Microsoft .net framework 3.5 Sp1 or above. Or for none .net framework Pc’s there's
    a portable version ,I would recommend that you use the .net version as its size is considerably
    smaller or use the installer version.
    Portable version runs on any pc or laptop that doesn't have .net framework installed because
    the .net framework is included in the code ,this is why the size is larger than the normal exe

Re-enable is free for personal and none commercial use only.

Re-Enable II