japp is offline Gold Member

Default Kingsoft Office 2012 - other than English language dictionary

Snipped from a Norwegian site:http://www.dinside.no/878443/norske-...ingsoft-office

"Kingsoft Office 2012 - excellent and free office suite

However, a disadvantage of the suite, there is no Norwegian spelling, at least not officially. But Øyvind Kaurstad, one of our faithful readers, have found a solution to the problem. It turns out in fact that dictionaries are used in a different, free Microsoft Office competitor, OpenOffice.org, is compatible with those used in Kingsoft Office. Completely hassle-free it is not. - I first tried to add dictionary in Kingsoft Office under the menu Options / Spelling / Custom Dictionaries. You get added it, but it does not work. After some research I found that by replacing the original English dictionary with the Norwegian, so it works just fine, says Kaurstad to DinSide.no.

How-
    1. Download the Norwegian dictionaries from OpenOffice.org by clicking on the link below:

Glossary: ​​Bokmål (1,331 KB)

2. Extract the two files in the ZIP archive to C: \ Application Data \ Kingsoft \ office6 \ buildin . Answer yes to the question whether to overwrite files that already exist there. Alternatively, you can back up these first, if you later plan to go back to English spelling again."

I haven't had time to try this, but It ought to work for any language you can download dictionaries for.
    Last edited by japp; 09-25-2011 at 10:28 AM.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

japp is offline Gold Member

Sleepy today, HappyAndyK?
    I'm referring on how to install other language dictionaries.