- 1st October 2011, 04:40 #1
Waterfox, The Fastest 64-bit Variant of Firefox
Currently Firefox 64-bit is still under development (though testing build available, stable version might be available with Firefox release for Windows 64-bit systems), wait! you can taste Waterfox which 64-bit version of Firefox which is compiled from Firefox source code runs fast on 64-bit Windows, developer claims 64-bit version is more responsive, quicker and out-performs 32-bit version.
Waterfox vs. Firefox features
- The add-ons for Firefox will work with this Firefox version too.
- Supports auto-updates, you won’t need to manually check for updates.
- Compiled with SSE, SSE2, x64 favoring enabled.
- You can install both Firefox and Waterfox in your Computer without any problems, however you may not use them at the same time since Waterfox uses Firefox profile.
- You’ll have to wait for Waterfox when Official Mozilla Firefox is released as it needs to be recompiled into Waterfox
- You must’ve Visual C++ redistributable installed.
You can download 64-bit version of plug-ins like Adobe Flash Player, Microsoft Silverlight, Java from the official website. Read the Waterfox browser review here.
- 1st October 2011, 09:40 #2Moderator
You can install both Firefox and Waterfox in your Computer without any problems, however you may not use them at the same time since Waterfox uses Firefox profile.
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
- 1st October 2011, 10:19 #3
Looks like a better alternative to Firefox. Using Chrome as my default, but at times Firefox comes in.
- 15th November 2011, 11:55 #4
Waterfox: A 64-Bit version of Firefox
Waterfox is basically a 64-Bit version of Firefox. The Firefox source code is taken and compiled to run specifically for 64-Bit Windows computers.
To make Waterfox stand out a bit more, it’s compiled with optimizations so that it will run more efficiently and faster than just compiling Firefox as a 64-Bit program.
Also see Cyberfox.