japp is offline Gold Member

Default UAC Process Analyzer: Analyze Windows Application Security

UAC (User Account Control) is a Windows Security mechanism that ensures that malwares and virus infected scripts and applications will not be able to exploit system administrative privileges. Whenever an application attempts to write to system wide locations, it prompts standard user to enter system admin password to let application write to required system folders and locations, such as, Program Files, Windows registry, etc. UAC Process Analyzer is a portable application which informs you about the integrity of a selected running process. It helps users identify the UAC restrictions imposed on the applications. UAC Process Analyzer fetches UAC specific security details for selected application, which includes, Integrity Level, Trusted Directory, UAC Virtualization and Digital Signature. UAC Analyzer assists application developers in investigating the reasons due to which their applications might be considered suspicious by UAC."

Download: Home Page.

Via

edee is offline Windows Enthusiast

Wow japp , we are just full of all kinds of goodies this week aren't we?!
    Thanks so much for this and all your hard work you do for the Windows Club Forum.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by edee View Post
    Thanks so much for this and all your hard work you do for the Windows Club Forum.
    My sentiments exactly.

edee is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thumbs down Security Analyzer 2.0 Review

Quote Originally Posted by edee View Post
    Wow japp , we are just full of all kinds of goodies this week aren't we?!
    The software UAC process analyzer works great and takes the guess work out of what is running in the background.

BUT..

Since my posting earlier today, I have since downloaded and tried Security Analyzer 2.0 made by the same company. Out of the six areas that this program analyzes it only got one correct, at least on my system and that was that my Windows updates were up to date.

First: SA tells me I do not have an active firewall, My Windows firewall is turned off due to the fact that I run Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 which has a fully configurable firewall built in. Just because my Windows firewall is turned off this software should be able to pick up on the fact that my internet security suite has it's own firewall and that it is indeed running. Even Windows itself can pick up on this.

Second: SA is telling me that I have not one but two antivirus softwares running and that is certainly not the case, anyone with even the most limited pc experience knows that this should not be done.

Third: SA also tells me that running more than one malware / spyware programs can cause your system to run slow and that I am running more than one. Bitdefender does not and will not allow you to run another malware / spyware program while it is running so how can this be the case? I only run a secondary spyware program (malwarebytes) on demand and it does not run in the background at all.

Fourth: SA tells me that my UAC is turned off when in fact it is turned on ???

I have both run this program directly after install and after a reboot only to get the same results. IMO this software gives false positives and was released prematurely as it certainly needs a lot more work and should not have been released to the public. Right now untill the bugs are worked out of this software I would not recommend it to anyone because obviously it does not know what it should be looking for.
    Last edited by edee; 9th October 2011 at 23:22.

edee and HappyAndyK: Blush

edee: I got the same/similar results as you with Security Analyzer 2. Seems it's biased towards Windows Firewall only.