Tanmay is offline Windows Enthusiast

Wink Make Your Own Moving Imagery Animation With Microsoft Research Cliplets

Microsoft Research Cliplets is a newly innovated & interactive application that provides users the power to create "Cliplets". Simply, it is the type of imagery technology between stills and video media. It includes imagery such as video textures and cinemagraphs. This application provides a simple, yet expressive way to mix static and dynamic elements from a video clip.

Cliplets is actually a freely downloadable Windows 7 application that lets you take a 10-second video clip and then we can manipulate it's portions to make it "run", usually in a loop. Meanwhile the rest of the part remains static. The effect is often called a cinema graph and essentially creates something akin to the living photos. After you are done, you will find an interesting still frame with a rudimentary marquee tool.

You select may select the portions of the video you want to run in a loop, reverse or simply play it when someone opens the clip. Cliplets actually lets you select multiple portions of the video in what it calls layers. There is actually a timeline, so we can decide exactly when the various portions of the video start and stop.

Enjoy!

-Download It From Here
    Last edited by Tanmay; 18th April 2012 at 18:14. Reason: Linked

DustinH is offline Senior Member

Awesome! Thanks! The one big thing that bugs me about Microsoft is that most of these Research products never see the light of day. I'd love to see this as part of Windows.

I'll be using this one a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by DustinH View Post
    Awesome! Thanks! The one big thing that bugs me about Microsoft is that most of these Research products never see the light of day. I'd love to see this as part of Windows.

I'll be using this one a bit!
    Welcome! These are usually known as, "Cinematic GIF's" animations. Use that search term for many more beautiful examples! 

Doug_72 is offline Senior Member

Truly awesome! Got to check it out.

Thanks for the heads up Tanmay.

Ah, Welcome! I am sure, you will definitely enjoy it!