Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyAndyK

Thread: Mountain Lion Skin Pack for Windows 7 and Windows 8

Sax
    Sax is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Mountain Lion Skin Pack for Windows 7 and Windows 8

After the initial release of OS X Lion, Apple soon announced its successor – Mountain Lion within a year. While it is not possible for Windows users to try out the latest Mac OS, they can certainly give their Windows 7 or Windows 8 Desktops the Mountain Lion Look with Mountain Lion Skin Pack for Windows 7 and Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

The skin pack adds Apple UI fineness to Windows computers and at the same time retains all the fundamentals of Windows OS. While doing this, the skin pack automatically installs few third-party apps to imitate Mountain lion User Interface.

The skin pack is ad-supported so be sure to choose 'Custom Installation' option and uncheck unwanted stuff. There’s both an offline and online installer for each. The latter offers automatic bug fixes. After installing the skin pack, reboot your PC to allow the changes to take effect. Download Mountain Lion Theme Pack for Windows.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

There was a time when Windows users actually looked forward to changing themes and go for the Mac look. But after Windows 7's and now Windows 8's cool UI, wonder how many would actually want to downgrade to the Mac UI.

Thanks for posting - I am sure the customization enthusiasts will want to check it out.
    DustinH likes this.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

I agree. I think Windows 7 really made huge improvements with the UI, and I prefer it over the Mac OS look. I do have a Mac to play around with. It's not ugly, but it isn't spectacular, either.

Still, great work on the skin pack. Looks great for those wanting a Mac look with the Windows OS.