HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thumbs up Prevx SafeOnline: Free Identity Protection Software for Facebook users

Many may be aware that Prevx, the subsidiary of Webroot, which makes PC security software. They are offering a chance to download Prevx SafeOnline software for FREE.

SafeOnline:

- checks the websites you visit are genuine and are not phishing websites.
    - makes sure the login information you enter is meant for the website you are entering it into.
    - helps protect your personal information, even if there is malicious software on your computer.

Those interested may visit this SafeBook page.

These links may also interest you:

Secure your Facebook account: Tips and Security Applications for Facebook

Facebook Sign In: Secure Facebook login tips

edee is offline Windows Enthusiast

I really dislike when something is not fully investigated, tested and advertised as free when it really is not.

Prevx is not freeware, it is a free download but it is not freeware, this post SHOULD have been labled as SHAREWARE because that is exactly what Prevx is. In order to get the full use of this software you must pay for a license.

If you download and install this product, all it will basically do is "monitor" your system. It WILL NOT remove malware or any type of infections which one is led to believe not only here at the Windows Club but also at the download site, to have the option of maleware and infection removal you must purchase a license, THIS in my mind makes this software TOTALLY useless.

I feel I was duped into downloading this total piece of crap, I also feel that most of the writers for the Windows Club do not do enough investigating on software and downloads before posting them here and if they do, they do not post enough COMPLETE information for one to make an educated decision on downloads.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Sorry - but I do not have time to install all software I post about. I go by what is mentioned on their landing page in good faith, and then post about it here. I can understand your anger, but it would be best directed at them and not here.