MikeSA is offline New Member

Default Issues with Windows Live Mail (Microsoft freeware)

I have two desktop computers. One is running Windows 8.1 and the other Windows 10. However, on both the computers I have Windows Live Mail (a component of Windows Essentials 2012) as my email client.

Lately there has been problems with Windows Live Mail 2012 on both the computers. On each computer, I have 2 POP email accounts and 3 Microsoft Outlook accounts.

On the computer running Windows 8.1, I find that I am not able to reply to messages received. As I type, nothing appears on the screen and only the cursor moves as I type each character. Then when I press ENTER, a red line appears! How strange!

I have read similar posts on other forums but to date but no one appears to have come up with a fix. The problem appears to have baffled even the software engineers at Microsoft Community.

Then on my Windows 10 computer, I find that sent messages from my Outlook accounts remain in my OUTBOX although they are received by the recipients.

And, if I view the message list in the SENT FOLDER, I note that in the To column, my name is reflected and not that of the recipient. Again how strange!

I have even removed all the Outlook email accounts and added them back but to no avail. Instead the accounts are not even synchronising now. Is there an explanation, why Windows Live Mail is doing all this?

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

You have posted in the wrong section...

Read the description for the section (TWC Windows Freeware):
    Give feedback and suggestions, report bugs for all Windows freeware and other releases from The Windows Club.

Note: "Windows freeware and other releases from The Windows Club"

As your own title says: "Windows Live Mail (Microsoft freeware)", its from Microsoft....

So i moved your post to Downloads for Windows....
    Last edited by hackerman1; 13th April 2016 at 01:23.

vasudev is offline Moderator

Which ver of Windows 10 are you running the WLMail on? There are some issues with WL Mail on Windows 10.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows Live Mail. I too used to use it, but have now shifted to Microsoft Outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by vasudev View Post
    Which ver of Windows 10 are you running the WLMail on? There are some issues with WL Mail on Windows 10.
    I am using the latest version i.e. 1511. However, I have just found similar posts on Microsoft Community and it appears that the December 2015 update KB3096594 is the culprit resulting is crashes and every mail sent shows one's own name in the To column.

Apparently Microsoft said it was working on a fix but to date nothing further in this regard.

By the way, even on my Windows 8.1 PC, I am having similar issues.

In view of all the problems with Windows Live Mail, I did try Outlook but, to my surprise, even on Outlook every email I send, shows my own name in the SENT folder under the To column instead of the recipients name. Microsoft really needs to get its house in order!

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member