- 1 Post By HappyAndyK
- 1 Post By HappyAndyK
The Windows Club Forums Guidelines
NOTE: These Guidelines have been replaced by http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/rule...rum-rules.html and http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/rule...ng-advice.html
Which you will find above.....
Welcome to the The Windows Club Forums !
This forum is primarily meant for discussing all issues relating to Windows 7 & Windows Vista in particular and Microsoft & other Technologies in general.
Following these rules & guidelines will help make this forum a better place.
1) Text/Link Signatures (Upto 2) can be used to make you stand out in the forums. Feel free to use your own Tech Blog /Website - HomePage link/s only, here. BUT please do not advertise or entice members to visit them. I hope and know that you WILL understand if I edit your siggy in this case. Siggy links to online / download stores / business sites or other forums are not allowed.
Avatar dimensions upto 80 x 80 pixels are permitted and should be less than 10 KB.
If you haven't yet updated your Avatars or Siggy or Location, etc you can personalize them via your Control Panel.
2) Advice is being offered by the Forum Members here, and is to be accepted on an as-is basis without any warranties. Windows Club and its Administrators, Moderators or Members cannot be held responsible for damage which may occur by following of any proffered advice.
It goes without saying that its always a best practice to create a System Restore Point or Backup the Registry before making any changes to the system.
3) If you are new to foruming, then this post and How to Upload Images and Videos, may interest you.
4) Please search the forum first and then post in the right section. Instead of just posting the title of your thread as, say, display problem, please try to post it as, say, Display appears distorted at every start up or such ... so as to describe the issue in short. This will help folks to open your topic and help you better. This will also help the forum, by way of good SEO.
5) If you have to post news or articles from other websites, kindly post 1-2 paras and maybe an image if required and link back to the original source.
Good and full tutorials written by you or sourced from your own blog and posted here, are pinged by me on Forum RSS feed. You may post your post link as Source at the bottom of the post.
Posting of 4-5 lines and say : Read More at on my blog... or Continue reading on my blog .... adds little value to the forum or forum members and serves no purpose, except as a possible traffic divertor for your blog, and is not permissible.
6) Should any member post warez/porn links, a Mod may ban the username immediately permanently. Ignorantia juris non excusat.
7) In other cases, the vBulletin Infraction system will be used. Any Registered Member breaking a rule will receive an infraction. The infraction will be visible only to Moderators and yourself and will appear in the corner of your post. You will also receive a private message explaining why you were warned.
Spamming, Posting threads in bad taste, Signature Rule Violation, Inappropriate Language, Flaming, Frequent or inappropriate Cross Posting, Passing of personal or derogatory remarks, Posting of threads in bad taste, Advertising, Promoting or discussing commercial activities will fetch the member 1 infraction.
The infraction will last for 10 days only, after which it will expire.
3 such, will result in a 1 day ban. 5 such, in a 7 day ban.
In case the member continues to break rules, any Mod may place the members case in front of the other Mods. The Mods may then collectively deliberate and then decide by a private vote (simple majority), on the course of action viz a permanent ban or a custom action to be taken.
8) If you have a wallpaper or theme or a power-point file to share, you are allowed to share the link of the public file sharing website here, provided you yourself have scanned and uploaded the content and are sure that it is clean. Posting of .exe file links from a public file-sharing website is prohibited. Sharing of videos via YouTube, Vimeo, etc is ofcourse allowed.
9) Where required and possible please link to a TWC/TWCF/WVC resource or post rather than linking to an external forum. Linking to freeware home pages is recommended, rather than linking to forums or blogs which review it. Kindly do not mind if I replace your links with the in-house resource link if available.
If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (spam/move/close/merge/etc), please use the report post yellow button on the top right of the post to notify the moderators.
Grievance Redressal Procedure.
Should any member be dissatisfied with or disagree with his ban or any action taken against him/her, or feel that a particular Mod is unfairly awarding him too many infractions in a short span of time, the member may approach any Mod, who if he/she feels there is justification, place the case in front of the Mods body. The Mod body may by a pvt vote, after discussing and/or reviewing the issue, decide on whether to lift the ban or reduce its time period or continue with the action or take appropriate other decision.
While these rules & guidelines cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently the Administration will reserve the right to take any actions deemed appropriate to ensure that these forums are not disrupted or misused in any way.
Microsoft has a KB Article for anything under the sun ... well almost anything ! Here is a gem. Have a look at KB555375 !
Have a Nice Stay !
Last edited by hackerman1; 12th September 2015 at 18:56.
Reason: Updated on 7th Feb 2010
25th February 2011, 17:50 #2
If a How To or an Tutorial does exist on TWC/TWCF/WVC, it is requested that the members link to them, rather than linking to an external blog/forum/resource. The Google search bar on TWC is very effective in searching all the 3 sites. This forum rule already exists as point 9, in the first post of this thread. We may also disallow linking externally to websites/forums which may be disallowing posting of TWCF links in their forums. Currently we are aware of only once such instance.
22nd January 2012, 06:20 #3
We are disabling signatures for all members by default to prevent the increasing siggy link spam.
But if any existing, active member with 50+ posts wants to enable his/her siggy, please PM me a request and I will enable it within a week.
Please do NOT post about sites/services/downloaders/software that enable users to download streaming videos, if prohibited by the content provider, such as those found on YouTube and Google Video. Such posts will be deleted, as they violate the terms of AdSense.