Page 11 of 46 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Forum Feedback, Suggestions, Questions, Announcements Here

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Yer that looks good Andy, I like the idea of giving Vista and 7 there own headers. How about one for Internet browsers too as it's the main used application on PC's. JR

seti is offline Member

Hi Andy

Looks good to me, but like JR I think that should have a section on internet/browsers/ sites of interest relating to, but no necessarily Windows or OSs may be where forum members could post information about their own sites. And how about one with links to the sites of MVPs that are members of this forum, because I know that is always somewhere that I look at.

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Maybe there should be a forum just for 'non-MS' products, like alternative office suites, browsers, and third-party software and such.

Also, if a member doesn't know where to put a topic, we mods/admins can always move it.

iMav is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.rotton View Post
    Yer that looks good Andy, I like the idea of giving Vista and 7 there own headers. How about one for Internet browsers too as it's the main used application on PC's. JR
    Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    Hi Andy

Looks good to me, but like JR I think that should have a section on internet/browsers/ sites of interest relating to, but no necessarily Windows or OSs
    Windows Resources might be able to cover this, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    may be where forum members could post information about their own sites. And how about one with links to the sites of MVPs that are members of this forum, because I know that is always somewhere that I look at.
    This can come under Clubhouse maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Maybe there should be a forum just for 'non-MS' products, like alternative office suites, browsers, and third-party software and such.
    Windows Resources?

IMHO the proposed classifications are good enough. Though my only issue is where do tricks that work in Win 7 & Vista go?

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    Though my only issue is where do tricks that work in Win 7 & Vista go?
    Windows 7/Windows Vista Tips, Tutorials & Articles?

I think the term 'Resources' could be confusing to some (although the subheading explains it nicely). Windows Software, perhaps?

iMav is offline Gold Member

I meant that work in 7 as well as Vista. :P

I see...I guess the poster would have to pick one and state it works in both, if they had the opportunity to try it in both OSes. Most tricks would work in both, but the steps may vary somewhat.

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Am in a hurry, so will take a detailed look at the names later on.
    One suggestion for now know, remove the "Windows" from Clubhouse.
    Name it either Clubhouse or Lounge, thats it.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

That is too many. I would make:
    -- Vista
    -- Windows 7
    -- Tutorials (as now)
    -- Announcements (as now)
    -- Off-Topic (like shoutbox but with threads)
    -- Other (for anything that does not fit in the above - like contests, etc.)

Our first Chancellor after the war used to say:" Simple thinking is a gift of god".

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Discussions pertaining to 3rd party apps like firefox, etc would go in Windows Resources.

Should we have the Security & Hardware categories separately under Vista and under 7 too, or as i have chose to club both the OS's together.

Sure we can have a separate sticky for MVP site links, under Windows Clubhouse.

Since I'd like the forum to be focused on Windows in specific and MS technologies in general, maybe we can discuss non-MS techs under Windows Resources, since these 3rd party apps or sw will be of USE for Windows users.

Ok we can consider replacing Windows Resources with Windows Software if many feel. But that should not be misunderstood for Windows Mail and other sw included in the OS...

Reg tips which are applicable to both, yeah that would be difficult. the same problem was faced by many when same tips were applicable to Vista and XP. In that case I think one would tend to post it in the OS-of-the-day (7 and say 'Applicable to Vista too').

In such a case this is how it'd appear:

Windows 7 Management & Support
    Request Help & Discuss Windows 7 Installation, Management, Performance, Maintenance

Windows Vista Management & Support

Request Help & Discuss Windows Vista Installation, Management, Performance, Maintenance

Windows Tips, Tutorials & Articles
    Submit or Discuss Windows 7 & Windows Vista Tips, Tweaks, Customization
    But somehow I would still prefer having tips for Vista and 7 in separate sub-forums. But ultimately it is the majority feeling and convinience which will matter

When the forum started there were very few heads. Now we are at a particular stage. Maybe ... maybe ... God willing after the launch of The Windows Club, we would require so many headings in the interest on clarity.

Page 11 of 46 First ... 91011121321 ... Last