Page 45 of 46 First ... 3543444546 Last
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Forum Feedback, Suggestions, Questions, Announcements Here

hackerman1 is offline Moderator

As i said above you should be able to create an exception for the URL, if not you can (temporarily) disable the Linkscanner:

"Web browsing protection (LinkScanner, Online Shield)

The Web Browsing component ensures full protection of your computer from the Internet. It can detect all known types of viruses and spyware, and also complex threats such as exploits and malicious websites.

To disable the component:

1. Open the AVG program.
    2. Click the Web Browsing component.
    3. In the LinkScanner Surf-Shield section click the switch to change it to Disabled (red).
    4. In the Online Shield section click the switch to change it to Disabled (red).

"
    https://support.avg.com/SupportArtic...onents&l=en_US

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by suzT View Post
    ah, ok...that I can do! :-)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/u4eah/...in/dateposted/

Note from Moderator: Fixed the link.
    Thank you. This is an old issue. Apparantly AVG does not like the Security section of this forum for some reason

See: http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...rum-print.html

See their tweet: https://twitter.com/AVGFree/status/25676936658

Thanks Andy.
    I thought i had seen this problem before....

It wouldnīt surprise me if AVg reacts to the words "Windows" & "Security", and thinks itīs a program....

Simon80 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Please let us have your feedback here on ALL aspects of The Windows Club Forum and help us make it better. Suggestions? Questions too, go here.
    please enable

Quote Originally Posted by Simon80 View Post
    please enable
    enable what ???

semicodin is offline New Member

Default 1 trivial question + 1 just curious . . .

The capital S displayed on my (upper-right) control panel: Is there a way to restore it to all lowercase? and . . .
    I was curious to learn why TWC doesn't allow signatures. I'm so used to seeing graphics blocked I was surprised to see the reverse here. Have members abused the privilege? Security issues?

And what a great forum. I finally registered because I kept bumping into Windows tips & articles from the site, and utilities for my XP Pro that were persona non grata everywhere else. Dependency Walker? Hell yeah!! My brain is positioned and ready to receive guidance from what I think is one of the most deeply intelligent technical forums I've ever visited. You're in my bookmarked folder along with a couple of other sites I rely upon -- nirsoft.net and sysinternals.com -- and it is an exclusive list let me tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by semicodin View Post
    The capital S displayed on my (upper-right) control panel: Is there a way to restore it to all lowercase? and . . .
    I was curious to learn why TWC doesn't allow signatures. I'm so used to seeing graphics blocked I was surprised to see the reverse here. Have members abused the privilege? Security issues?
    Do you mean the first letter in your username, itīs shown as Semicodin ?
    If so, thatīs a bug in the theme (debutant)....

Signatures are not allowed anymore because we previously had a lot of problems with spammers,
    who misused the signatures, linking to warez.
    Last edited by hackerman1; 26th September 2015 at 18:54.

semicodin is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    Do you mean the first letter in your username, itīs shown as Semicodin? If so, thatīs a bug in the theme (debutant).... Signatures are not allowed anymore because we previously had a lot of problems with spammers, who misused the signatures, linking to warez.
    Hi Hman. I knew there had to be an extremely logical reason for that, thanks.

You know how you login to the forums, and the (I call it the User Control Bar, you might refer to it differently) -- it's on the same row as the WHAT'S NEW bar, but upper right (with the gear icon). It's such a trivial request but the distraction is annoying. All lowercase please? Thanks.

Yes, that is very annoying.
    I know because that happened also to me, when Andy (the boss) installed the debutant-theme a few months ago.
    It was one of several bugs that i reported.

But as i already said above, thatīs a bug in the theme (debutant), we canīt do anything about it.
    There are no settings to change.
    I know because i have been working "undercover" as administrator since april, and i have spent many hours with the admin control panel,
    fx. one day i spent 10 hours just trying to fix the colors in the theme.

Unfortunately we are (still) waiting for the developer to fix this (and other problems).....

You should complain to HappyAndyK and tell him that you donīt like the capital S in your username,
    and that he should allow members to select one of the other themes.
    Last edited by hackerman1; 26th September 2015 at 21:38.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

We had to restore the Forum from a 2 day old backup, so some posts may have been lost.

Page 45 of 46 First ... 3543444546 Last