Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    phoenix_abhi is offline Windows Enthusiast

What is the advantage of being MVP? U shud mention that 2 in the first post, admin! so that more public aware about the bonanzas MVP gets

Casmir is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_abhi View Post
    What is the advantage of being MVP? U shud mention that 2 in the first post, admin! so that more public aware about the bonanzas MVP gets
    Yeah!... i've been thinking about that too

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

its there in microsoft site right MVP details...

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

iMav is offline Gold Member

Advantages are amazing IMO, elite club, access to premium MSDN/Technet resources. Interaction with like-minded professionals, access to conferrences and meets where u get to hang out with Microsofties and other MVPs.

Last but not least, free software and other goodies.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

An 'MVP' is an Award and not a Reward

Its a recognition by Microsoft of people who actively share their high quality, real world expertise with others. In short they have to be what MS calls "exceptional technical community leaders".

MVPs are recognized worldwide by Microsoft for their voluntary participation in offline and online technical communities.

If you are not familiar with the MVP program you can learn more by visiting their web site at: Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

A comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is located at: Frequently Asked Questions that provides answers to questions commonly asked about the MVP program.

I have posted the top 4 FAQs :

Q: What is the Microsoft MVP award?
    A: The MVP Award is an annual award that is given to outstanding members of Microsoft's peer-to-peer communities, and is based on the past year's contributions those members make in offline and online technical communities.

Q: How does Microsoft award the MVPs?
    A: MVPs are awarded through a nomination period where their past year's contributions to the technical community are compared against those of their peers. Recipients of the award are determined through review cycles in that nomination period.

Q: Why does the award exist?
    A: Microsoft believes that a robust, interactive user community is key to helping customers maximize the solutions and benefits from their software investments. The MVP Award is the way Microsoft recognizes those participants who have made a highly positive impact in the technical and product communities in which they participate. Microsoft wants community participants and leaders to know that their contributions are greatly appreciated. The MVP Award exists as a way to reach out to and thank outstanding members for their past participation and willingness to help others in these communities, both online and offline.

Q: What does the MVP Award include?
    A: The MVP Award includes designation as a Microsoft MVP, your own account manager (MVP Lead), a complimentary one-year subscription to MSDN or TechNet, and a certificate commemorating the award. MVPs also get access to Conferences and Meets where one get to hang out with Microsoft Pruct Group managers and other MVPs. MVPs are also given access to private newsgroups and a channel into Microsoft product groups. All Microsoft software is free to MVPs and yes you do get a limited amout of free shopping to do at the online Microsoft Store where they ship you the goods anywhere in the world at their expense.

Hope that helps.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Yeah i have read about benifits its a great feeeling...wow

leofelix is offline Member

Really interesting,
    I'm very active in some Italian Windows related forum, do you speak italian?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

^ I do ... just a bit ...

Ciao, si, grazie, omerta, Cosa Nostra, mafiosi, consiglieri, caporegime (all thanks to Godfather) and also pasta, pizza, maccheroni, (thanks to my wife) ... err thats about all the Italian I know.

seti is offline Member

can I be presumptious and put forward tweakwindows, as deserving this>Check out his site intowindows.com. I can think of no one better as everyone else is already an MVP

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last