HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Post How To Upload Images To This Forum

I have seen quite a few people asking this questions. hence a small tutorial. Since I use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket I am using it as an example.

First go to this website and create an account for free.

Your album page will be created. Set options.

Now click on the Choose files button to upload image/s from your computer.

Once the image has been uploaded, you will be presented with a choice of codes. Each code is to be used for different purposes.

Copy the IMG Code and paste it in the space where you want the image to appear.

Thats it.

Maybe now somebody could please add on how to use the ImageShack plugin conveniently provided here at this forum too.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

If I may, I had written a little procedure a while ago for the same reasons. It is very similar. Here it is:

1. Create your account at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket - real easy

2. Use the folder with your name on it or create a subfolder (recommended). You do that on the left side where it says "New Album" > Save

3.Go to "Upload Images and Videos", somewhere in the middle. Now click on "Choose Files". This will most likely bring up your "Pictures" folder (but you can select another folder). Double click on the file you want to upload. After a few seconds you will see it. Now single click on your picture. On top of the picture you will see “Resize”. The best size to pick is 640X480.

4. If you want to post this picture directly on the Forum, click on IMG Code (last link), then right click on that and COPY. If you only want to post the link to the picture, click on Direct link, then right click and COPY. Then you got it in your clipboard (from where you Paste).

5. Now you can paste this into your posting. If you chose IMG, the picture will only show up AFTER you posted. In the posting you will only see the link. If you chose "Direct link", it will just be a link.

iMav is offline Gold Member

Adding images via ImageShack is really cool I use ImageShack a lot, the best part is that it creates thumbnails for big images & you can embed those thumbnails with link to the original size, all this with you doing nothing extra. Here's how:

In the quick reply box you will see the uploader. Browse to the image & click 'host it!'

It will then open a new tab/window that will look like this:

From here all you need to do is copy the code, it will automatically create the code for adding images into a forum. (refer the screen shot, highlighted)

Paste the code in the reply text box & you're done.

You can also create an account on Imageshack, though it's not a compulsion for being able to use the service. If you use the imageshack site, you have options like auto-resizing the image to specific sizes as well:

Select the reso from the drop-down 7 check the 'Resize image' box -

if you want to embed the full sized image without thumbnails, then there are 2 ways:

1. Use the 'Hotlink for forums' code
    2.Copy the 'Direct link to image' & paste between [img][/img] tags.
    Last edited by iMav; 28th January 2009 at 16:32.

seti is offline Member

Thank you both for this very helpful

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

cool info. i use advanced linking for wincustomize forum.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

how i put a image in my signature area??

iMav is offline Gold Member

^^ Not allowed.

Azazel is offline New Member

i just tried uploading an avatar.
    1st it says file too large,so i resized,now it says failed,due to failure writing temporary file.
    Sorted,i saved pic to my comp instead.
    Last edited by Azazel; 28th July 2009 at 12:11.