Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default TWCF log in problems?

Anyone facing TWCF log in problems? Some appear to be erratically ...

I have received 4-5 such help mails in the last 2-3 days and hence thought of asking.

As a first step, please clear cache and try again; maybe with a different browser too.

Type the pw and not copy-paste it as sometimes a space may creep in ...

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

iwas gona make a thread here now .. i can login in IE 8 but cant login in chrome.... 1/5 login attempts done ...serious bug eh ?

SysOp is offline Forum Admin

If the login totally fails for everyone from all browsers, we are sure the problem is on site.

But here the login gives problems randomly. Additionally, some members are able to login from one machine and not from another. Ditto with browsers.

If more people are facing this issue and report it here, it could help in tracing out the problem. Unfortunately, we are personally not facing this problem. Otherwise as soon we get the error, we can instantly check the server side logs for relevant entries which would be the most recent ones.

vvorl is offline Beginner

I had problems with logging in yesterday using Maxthon 2.5 (IE based) browser. I thought something was wrong with my account and even requested new password, but it didn't worked either. Meanwhile I found out that Firefox 3.6 works just fine.
    I have the same issue today - can't login via Maxthon, but everything's fine with Firefox.

SysOp is offline Forum Admin

@vvorl, could you please clear cookies+cache in maxthon and try once?

paf
    paf is offline New Member

Hi, finally I could login, but just using firefox. With IE8 and Opera, which are the browser I usualy use, I still can not login. As HappyAndyK knows, I have tried all your suggestions (clear cache, type pw, ...) and nothing worked so far. Hope you can fix this soon. Good luck. Cheers.

vasudev is offline Moderator

Last week I too had faced this problem. Not worked from any browser, cleaned history etc... And when I had clicked on 'Forgot password..' , it never sent mail , sometimes got database error - 'The Windows Help Forum database has encountered a problem' . Today I just logged in just to check.
    I can say problem is erratic, I had created a new user just to check, it first allowed to login then when I tried after logging out, it didn't. So is there any time limit set that once you login and logout , you can not login again?
    It was also very weird that I could signin from one machine and cannot using other. Now I hope everything fine.
    Thanks to Ananadji and Sysadmin for their help.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

OK the issue is with Kontera ads on vB Ive been told by vBulletin support. I am disabling them.

Pls tell us if the problem still persists; and you are unable to login here:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/unable...n-at-twc-forum

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Since I always use FF, I just tried with IE8. Success.

Swarup1987 is offline Windows Enthusiast

I always use chrome and I never faced this problem.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last