Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    James is offline Microsoft MVP

Exclamation Diskeeper "The Biggest Gainer" Contest!

The "Biggest Gainer" Contest!

WindowsTalk Website, WindowsTalk Blog and the WinVistaClub are pleased to announce a great new contest that everyone can participate in.

First prize is a copy of Diskeeper 2009 Pro Premier, a US$99.95 value!
    Runner-up gets a a copy of Vista Start Menu Pro 3.0, a US$19.95 value!

Here's how the contest will work:

1) Download a 30-day trial of Diskeeper 2009 Pro Premier and install it.

2) Analyze your Windows partition and create a screen capture of the results (see example below). To do this you can use Windows Ultimate Snipping tool, Alt + Prnt Scrn, or a freeware screen capture program.

3) Run Diskeeper for a few days or so, or until the end of the contest, and then do another screen capture of the present state of your Windows drive.

4) Post the 'before & after' images here in this thread, along with your comments, thoughts, etc about Diskeeper.

That's it! The 'biggest gainer' in terms of reduced defragmentation and/or increased performance will be awarded the grand prize. Your personal observations about Diskeeper will also be taken into consideration, so feel free to post a mini-review if you wish.

Also, you can install Diskeeper on any Windows XP or Vista PC, it does not have to be yours. Try it out on your parent's PC, or your brother-in-law's, or any PC you believe to be totally fragmented!

This contest starts February 6th and runs until the 21st.

Many thanks to the great folks at Diskeeper for generously donating Diskeeper 2009 Pro Premier!

The judge for this contest is fellow Canadian MVP Marco Shaw (Windows PowerShell)
    Marco's MVP Profile
    Marco's Blog

Last edited by leofelix; 24th November 2009 at 12:47. Reason: Expired

seti is offline Member

Smile

great Comp James thank you. Just one thing, it is now 21.58 GMT on Friday 6th of Feb, which means that we here will loose a whole day of the comp, and others from other time zone will do so as well either at the begining or the end. So can you clarify the times for us all to have an equal chance please, that is the start time am and end time pm and which time zone. Sorry to be a pain,but if I don't mention it someone will

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Good point. All times are Atlantic Standard Time (AST) -0400 UTC. We here are somewhat flexible on the start/end times since the members here are scattered all over the globe.To be fair, I will lock the thread on early Sunday morning of the 22nd (here in AST time). That way all will have a chance to get their entries in.

seti is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Good point. All times are Atlantic Standard Time (AST) -0400 UTC. We here are somewhat flexible on the start/end times since the members here are scattered all over the globe.To be fair, I will lock the thread on early Sunday morning of the 22nd (here in AST time). That way all will have a chance to get their entries in.
    Thanks james that clears it up for us all

skidmark is offline Windows Enthusiast

Not to be confused with the TV program the <a href="http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/">Biggest loser</a>. lmao jk This sounds like a contest where everybody WINS!!! Should be very interesting to be able to see all the results. Thanks James and Diskeeper!

leofelix is offline Member

Thank you James,
    this may be a great opportunity to improve my english too

I was on the point to look for a good disk defragmenter (I don't know why "defrag" doesn't run in DOS mode nor in GUI mode in my Vista Home Edition SP 1 32 bit) and now you are offering this great chanche.. and it doesn't matter whether I win or not

God bless you and WinVistaClub

Regards
    Last edited by leofelix; 7th February 2009 at 02:01.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

The contest idea is great and the prize even better; so start defragmenting ! And thanks Marco for helping out.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Really great one. WVC rocks!

Pankaj is offline Senior Member

The download is 34 MB

skidmark is offline Windows Enthusiast

Question Something I may not fully understand but still seems ironic

After downloading Diskeeper's free trial, within the install I left the auto dfrag option enabled. Once the dfrag completed, selected the programs analyze feature. In studying these results I noticed in a list of most fragmented files that the file "Diskeeper2009-ProPremier.exe" was the most fragmented file with a size of 27MB and 231 fragments. Does this seem odd to anyone else that the dfrag software has the most fragments??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last