Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last
    HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation Get PAID Version of ESET NOD32 Smart Security 4.0 FREE !

WinVistaClub is pleased to offer, 7 copies of the latest ESET Smart Security v 4 edition free as giveaways to the members of WinVistaClub, in a 'simple to participate contest'. The product otherwise costs $59.99.

ESET Smart Security adds a firewall and antispam technology to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, protecting your family from Internet threats while blocking annoying junk email. ESET Smart Security 4 sports an easier to use firewall and delivers smarter antispam for Outlook, Outook Express, Thunderbird and other popular mail clients.

What's New:
    Smarter Scanner — Threats don't always enter in ways you expect. ESET Smart Security inspects SSL-encrypted communication channels like HTTPS and POP3S, and intelligently scans compressed files to find threats that other products miss. ESET's Smart Optimization feature makes file scanning faster than ever.

Time-saving Firewall — The new Learning Mode saves time by automatically creating firewall rules by observing how you use your computer, while offering advanced firewall modes for power users.

Upgraded Antispam — ESET Smart Security now takes care of annoying spam with a smaller, faster, and even more effective spam filter.

Removable Media Security — Threats can enter your PC from removable media such as USB thumb drives. For self-running media, ESET Smart Security scans autorun.inf and associated files on mount, in addition to scanning any file on any removable device when it is accessed, or during a full-scan of the media. Power users can adjust ESET Smart Security to perform additional levels of scanning on removable media.

System Tools — ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue simplify diagnosis and cleaning of infected systems by allowing deep scans of system processes to find hidden threats, and creating bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB drives to help you repair an infected computer.

Self Defense — ESET Smart Security has built-in technology to prevent malicious software from corrupting or disabling it, so you can rest assured your system is always protected.

Usability Improvements — ESET Smart Security has numerous speed, security and usability upgrades.

-Energy-sipping battery mode extends laptop battery life without compromising security
    -Advanced Protection Status screen informs you of detected threats
    -Information pop-ups are hidden when running full screen applications like games, video players or presentations
    -Password protection prevents ESET Smart Security from being uninstalled by strangers
    -New interface and keyboard shortcuts simplify use for visually impaired users

Eset vs Competition makes an interesting read.

And what do you have to do to win this license ? Simply make a separate new post, in any section on any tech topic.

It could a tip or an article or a development. It could be from your blog or another source. The best or most interesting article or tip will get the license. This way one license will be given free every week. If there are less than 10 entries, the license will not be given away for that week but carried forward. You can post multiple entries too. Preference will be given to members having more than 10 posts .

I am taking the liberty of announcing the MVP members from this forum as the Judges. Hope it is alright with all.

Judges for the first 4, weekly contests.
    1. Corrine & myself (Today - 22 March)
    2. Choto Cheeta & myself (23 March - 29 March)
    3. James & myself (30 March - 6 April)
    4. Ramesh & myself (7 April - 13 April)
    The Judges for the next 3, weekly contests, can be decided later.

If you not yet a member of the WinVistaClub, you can register here for free instantaneously.

The Black Manba is offline Beginner

Default Tips for secured systems.

My system has been affected by virus before, and it was not a pleasing moment having to re-install and reconfigure my system all over. Though I have been very carefull opening unknown file and surfing the net, I still think that having reliable and light-resource consumed anti-virus simply add peace of mind to the equation of a stabe Windows Vista experince. Since I will not like my fellow forum members to go through the hurdled and pain that I went though, I am offering two tips that guarantee a secured system.

But before rely on any application to protect you from virus, the best anti-virus come with you surfing habit on the internet and making sure that you do not open file that are unknown.

First) Do not open e-mail from contacts that are unknow expect that email that are from a website that you are subcribed to i.e winvistaclub. You can also open e-mail from your contact, but you still have to be carefull with these electronic files. In a nutshell, any electronic files that you are opening must be done with care.

Second) Have a good file cleaner to clean your system.

Third)
    But even with bad habit, one of the most important aspect of having a secured system is to have a great anti-virus that prevent any threat and also low on resources compsuption. Nothing is better than ESET NOD 32 Smart Security. Unlike other anti-virus, ESET NOD 32 is low on resource and also protects you, your most important file from any threat. This is one of the must have applications.

I just hope that I can get one.

Disk4mat is offline Beginner

So would I simply start a new thread? Or post a reply here with my article? If I start a new thread do I need to include something in it to identify the Eset contest?

TIA

seti is offline Member

This is great As I have recently won a comp here, please do not consider me for this one (even if my post would qualify) as I think it would be fairer to others who have not won one here. Thank you

tuneslover is offline Beginner

great news

Let me give some tips...

-------------------------------------------------------

Smart PC Starter Kit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's my tips: http://www.winvistaclub.com/forum/wi...arter-kit.html
    Last edited by tuneslover; 14th March 2009 at 19:18.

The tips have to be submitted in a separate thread, please note. Not here

whitedragon551 is offline Beginner

Pankaj is offline Senior Member

My post http://www.winvistaclub.com/forum/wi...tml#post129428 hope I get it. I also have more than 10 posts

Disk4mat is offline Beginner

Ok I think I got this correct. My tutorials/tips

IE8: Add Open In Private Button & Menu
    http://www.winvistaclub.com/forum/wi...tton-menu.html

Windows Search: Find files with Ratings
    http://www.winvistaclub.com/forum/wi...s-ratings.html
    Last edited by Disk4mat; 14th March 2009 at 11:36.

seti : You can keep winning, no issues about it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last