View Poll Results: Which Browser(s) do you use regularly?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer (any version)

42 41.58%
  • Firefox

47 46.53%
  • Opera

16 15.84%
  • Safari

3 2.97%
  • Chrome

22 21.78%
  • Maxthon

5 4.95%
  • Other

3 2.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    reldel is offline New Member

I use both Firefox and IE7.

For some reason, perhaps clear type, I find reading web pages on IE7 easier on the eyes than Firefox.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Using Firefox as main browser and IE 8 as secondary. I am really impressed with the IE8 performance. I may use it as primary browser in the feature.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

gr8 IE & FF are challenging each other...

IE got 9 and FF got 10 votes.

nawaz90 is offline New Member

To beat the so far calmed the latest world fastest web browser Safari 4,Opera has come up with Opera Turbo v10 which is seriously increasing browsing Performance.I think that's much more better than Safari.Safari is not able to increase speed on slow internet connections however Opera has to a great extent succeeded to do this.

leofelix is offline Member

Firefox forever

seti is offline Member

My totally Unscientific experiement: I loaded my home page in both IE8 and FireFire 3. It took 3 1/2 seconds in IE8 to do from from pressing the icon my desk top till the page fully loaded. It took 4 seconds in Firefox doing the same thing. I have an ADSL modem and a speed of 6528 kbs at 21:43 when I did this. Not conculisve but I think IE8 has just the slight edge on speed...but no doubt others will find different

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I just deleted FF from my system. Did not like it. Now I am down to 5 browsers. "The World Browser" is my favorite. But also Opera.

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Can you elaborate on what you did not like about it, whs?

I'll look into the World Browser; this is the first I have heard of it.

Thanks,

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

James, it gave me all kinds of trouble. For one it was slow, but then it took over my websites that had IE as default - and now that FF is gone, those websites have defaulted to Opera. I think it also did something to my World browser because since I had downloaded FF3.0.7, that does not work any more either. For this post I am using Safari. Was the only way to get out of this mess. Since I will reinstall shortly, it does not really matter. But FF will be on the black list. I hate programs that are invasive. That's why I have also deleted everything with the name Yahoo or Google from my system, not to speak of junk like Quicktime.

edee is offline Windows Enthusiast

First - No one browser is faster than the other unless you take into account the load time when you first start it and even then it all depends what your home page is , how graphically heavy it is and how much traffic there is on the site.

Second - No one browser is safer than the other , EVERYTHING my freinds is hackable , just depends who it is and what they want , it just so happens that IE gets hacked more because Microsoft is a multi billion dollar company and those that have problems with capitalism seem to like to mess with it to try and make a point . EVERY browser and OS has it's holes it matters not what you are running , YES even Mac's for those of you who swear by them.

Third - I just downloaded IE8 yesterday and it seems to run a tad bit better than 7 , I tried it in beta mode and it was really screwed up I had to uninstall it . Seems they have worked out all the quirks although I have not checked out all the new little bells and whistles yet .

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last