Bellaar is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Adobe Flash Player wont update correctly - Stops IE 8

I have the latest version of Adobe flash Player Installed, 10.0.32.18, since I installed it stops IE8 from working.

Problems & solutions is telling me Flash Player is not working properly that is the issue. What is puzzling is add on is telling me I have the older version yet. went to Adobe website to test telling me I have the latest version all working ok. How can I get the newer version to go to the add ons?

My security is set to medium high. Downloaded Signed Activex set to Prompt, Activex controls & plugins to enable. I only have Vista security all updated & Antivirus I have no problem watching videos, IE8 does not like my Flashmm

I do have shockwave installed aswell do I need both?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi Bellar,

Uninstall Adobe: How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control

Run DiskCleanup / CCleaner. Reboot.

Install Adobe: Adobe - Adobe Flash Player
    or
    Install Flash Player manually: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashpl...10_ActiveX.zip

Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player : Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows

Last option, contact them: Adobe - Contact Adobe

Hope something helps

I did uninstall flash & installed again before I came here for help.

I will try what you wrote & do a disk clean staight after, will let you know THX. It seems to happen when I close one window.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Btw, Shockwave (Director) and Flash (Adobe) are different : Macromedia - Director MX : Macromedia Flash and Director Resource Center

He we go again my add ons tells me Flash Is 10.0.22.22 witch is the old version, then I go to solutions & problems it's telling me problem it's caused by flash player 10.0.32.18. I did a optional disk clean that erased all the shadow files only yesterday, the problem happened again today, mybe it's my fault I like things to happen yesterday, I'm to fast with my mouse IE8 can't keep up with me, I will get my son to look at problem he knows computers blindfolded THX for your efforts.

funkytown is offline New Member

What i know is that sometimes when you upgrade flashplayer the old plugin is not removed. IE believes that you have the new version and will report that with javascript but the old version is still the one that gets loaded.

Here is a website where you can test

millionmind.com/ie8_faulty_flash_player_installation