estra is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Compare IE security zone settings with IE Zone Comparer from Microsoft

The following is the description of the IE Zone Comparer:

The Security tab of the Internet Explorer Properties dialog shows security settings for the Internet, Intranet, Trusted Sites and Restricted Sites zones. However:

* It doesn’t show settings for the Local Machine (Computer) zone, nor for Local Machine Zone Lockdown (LMZL).
    * When machine settings or other policies are in effect, most of the Security Zones UI is disabled.

The utility “IE Zone Comparer” was designed to overcome these limitations and provide additional visibility into security zone settings. Pick any two collections of security zone settings, and IE Zone Comparer displays the values of those settings, highlighting any differences between the two collections.

To obtain more information on the application and to download it, please visit this page on Technet.

UPDATE BY ADMIN: Read updated post on IEZoneAnalyzer.

seti is offline Member

Thank you for this. I have just quickly looked at the link and from that can see that there is much worthwhile information. Have you tried it and what are your thoughts?

estra is offline Windows Enthusiast

I have tried it, yes. And I'd say that this utility is of a primary interest to network system administrators in a corporate environment. In a single user or home environments, if besides anything else, this tool can be used for a handy side-to-side comparison of IE security templates, which will help in determining best security scenario for each family member, for example.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

I like it...and gonna try it
    Thanks @estra

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Checking it out, thanks!

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Handy tool, estra. Thanks for the same.