Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    soumya is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thumbs up IE9 will close performance gap, Microsoft says

Microsoft today claimed that its next browser, Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), has nearly closed the JavaScript performance gap between itself and rivals made by Mozilla and Google, even though the browser has been in development only a few weeks.

Steven Sinofsky, Microsoft's president of Windows and Windows Live, acknowledged that Microsoft had catching up to do. "We know we have a lot of work to do in some areas of performance," Sinofsky said today at the Professional Developers Conference (PDC).

"On SunSpider, we're on par with IE9," Sinofsky said, showing a chart that displayed scores from the popular JavaScript benchmarking suite. Although IE9's scores were still slightly higher -- and thus slower -- than the newest browsers from competitors, its numbers were significantly better than IE8, Microsoft's current production edition.
    COMPUTERWORLD

seti is offline Member

I was reading about this and about to post, but you beat me to it. I think IE9 will be something very special and a real boost.

leofelix is offline Member

I'm very glad to know
    "Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), has nearly closed the JavaScript performance gap between itself and rivals made by Mozilla and Google"
    One more step onwards
    Good job IE Team

Fanfreddy is offline New Member

There is good news for Microsoft and everyone, looking forward to see more speed in IE.

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

frankly i never use IE unless i dont have a choice. I hope IE9 can change that.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nithinr6 View Post
    frankly i never use IE unless i dont have a choice. I hope IE9 can change that.
    With the improvements already in IE8, I am sure that you'll be as dleighted as I will be with IE9. Personally I can not wait for it to come out.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

if you are more concerned about your security then IE is still the superior one....All online banks websites here in India only recommends to use IE.

And in performance IE is still not behind but we are sure that IE9 will sure come up with some great performance boost....

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    if you are more concerned about your security then IE is still the superior one....All online banks websites here in India only recommends to use IE.

And in performance IE is still not behind but we are sure that IE9 will sure come up with some great performance boost....
    That is very interesting to know, because I only do my online banking in IE for security reasons. This would suggest that I was right to go with that choice.

RafaelSCT is offline Beginner

I only know one thing, will never beat Firefox
    Last edited by RafaelSCT; 3rd December 2009 at 00:50.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

I agree, RafaelSCT, at least as far as add-ons go. There are too many Firefox extensions that I am dependent upon in my day-to-day activities.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last