Legolas is offline New Member

Question MaxConnectionsPerServer still speed up IE in Win 7

I notice my Windows 7 Ultimate 64x already has "MaxConnectionsPerServer" and "MaxConnectionsPer0_1Server" in te Registry. It used to help IE a bit if these values were 2 or more. It seemed that these DWords had to be added in Vista an XP.

Does changing these values still help IE 8?

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Default Configure MaxConnection Per Server for IE8

The things have been changed for IE8, it doesn't matter you are using it on Windows Vista or Windows 7.

For Internet Explorer 8:

1. Run Registry Editor and navigate to following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTION SPERSERVER

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTION SPER1_0SERVER

If FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER and FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER are missing... Create them.
    2. Now create DWORD Value called iexplore.exe for both sub keys (listed above) and set its value to 10 or as desired.

Legolas is offline New Member

My entries are present in the Registry and set to 0. This is what baffled me.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesh Kumar MVP View Post
    The things have been changed for IE8, it doesn't matter you are using it on Windows Vista or Windows 7.

For Internet Explorer 8:

1. Run Registry Editor and navigate to following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTION SPERSERVER

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTION SPER1_0SERVER

If FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER and FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER are missing... Create them.
    2. Now create DWORD Value called iexplore.exe for both sub keys (listed above) and set its value to 10 or as desired.
    Thanks for that information Ramash I am sure that many here will find it very useful information.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

@seti... Anytime