21st December 2009, 07:19 #1
Open in default Private Mode - FireFox/IE8
Well you can always start Private mode by goint to Tools > Start Private Browsing or by simply pressing CTRL + SHIFT + P shortcut key. But for users who always want to surf in Private Mode (What is Private Mode?) here is a simple trick that will open Firefox in private mode by default.
Just follow the below steps to make Private Mode as default Mode in your Firefox.
- Start Firefox and type about:config in the address bar and press Enter.
- Now press the Iíll be careful, I Promise button on the Warning page
- Now you will be presented with a lot of settings and configuration
- In the filter box type autostart
- Now right click on browser.privatebrowsing.autostart setting and click Toggle. Now its default value will be changed from false to true.
- Thatís it! Now restart Firefox to see changes.
To make IE open in default InPrivate Mode create a shortcut on desktop by using following steps
Right Click on Desktop
Select New > Shortcut
In Location tab type
"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private
Give your shortcut a name say InPrivate.
For no addon mode use
"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
For fill screen/Kiosk mode use
"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k
For starting with no homepage use
"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome
21st December 2009, 07:23 #2