Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Lightbulb Fix, Repair, Tweak and Hack IE with IE Tweaker

IE Tweaker is a freebie that will help to fix various issues with Internet Explorer. It has also a great number of fixes/tweaks that will help you to enable/disable any options with ease and without getting in to registry. IE Tweaker will be a great utility for those, who don’t want to play with the Windows registry.

Most of the PowerToys will work for the previous versions of Internet Explorer also. However, we have tested only on IE7, and IE8. Some tweaks may not work with previous versions like InPrivate Browsing because they aren’t available in that version.
    IE Tweaker has the following menu options, which caters you with 90+ tweaks, and fixes:

Browsing Options – This menu option helps you to quickly turn off/on the following:

Smooth Scrolling, Clear type font, Animation, Sounds, Picture Display, Automatic Image resizing

Clear Junk Files - This option will help you to quickly remove all the temporary IE files, cookies, history, passwords, and AutoComplete data.

Tweak IE – Tweak IE menu has the following tabs:

* Basic Tweaks – Offers you the basic tweaks such as Turn off/on Menu bar, Favorite bar, Tabbed browsing, Full screen mode, Caret Browsing support etc.,
    * Browser Menus – Helps you to disable/enable the Browser Menus
    * Toolbars – Helps you to hide/unhide the various options on the bars and also the bars itself such as Status bar, command bar etc
    * Control Panel – Helps you to hide/unhide the various tabs in Tools -> Internet Options.
    * Advanced – Helps you to Turn off/on various options such as Compatibity view etc., and also allows you to change the IE Title, and Default download directory options.

Restrictions – This menu option has the following tabs:

* Restrictions tab – Provides you various restriction options such as Changing default search provider, Add-ons management, Autocomplete features etc.,
    * Settings tab – Restricts the users to change various settings.

Security – Allows you to enable/disable options such as InPrivate Browsing, Filtering etc.,

Repair
    – Repair menu option provides you various options to repair/fix various issues that you have with Internet Explorer.

In addition to it we have also provided desktop Shortcuts for various modes of Internet Explorer in Shortcuts Folder.

However, its best idea to backup the Windows Registry and create a Restore point before using IE Tweaker. This will help you to restore to a previous condition, when you feel that the option didn’t work as expected.

Please refer the appropriate MS KB articles to know the detailed process of backing up the registry, and creating a restore point as the steps may differ from one Operating system to the other.
    You can also use the “Reset to Defaults” button on the welcome page to revert the changes.

IE Tweaker v1.0 is developed by me (Ritesh Kawadkar) and published by IETips.net.

[DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED] HomePage
    Here are the some of the tweaks that you will get inside the app

Minimum requirements –
    Windows XP (with .NET Framework 3.5)
    Supported OS: All Windows OS (both 32 and 64 bit)

And yeah some of our forum members helped me in Beta testing they are-
    Nitin Agrawal
    Hari Maurya and
    Ankur Mittal
    Last edited by leofelix; 29th December 2009 at 03:19. Reason: removed download link - blog link removed

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Sorry, but if I need to back up the registry to be safe when using the program, I'm not going to be using the program.... especially for this.

No Problem Cithel, I hope someone would find it useful.

It is always advisable not only to create a backup of registry but also to create a restore point which will help you If something went wrong.

However this app does nothing which can harm or crash your computer.

bandicoat is offline Beginner

Seems a nice tweaking control panel for IE, I'm going to try it!

About the advice to backup the registry, it is a good one, and is not relly worrying because it is a quite frequent recommendation for utilities dealing with registry (even the good old Spybot S&D gives the same recommendation on the first run).
    Even if today usuall all goes fine with those kind of utilities, there is no good reason for not having a fresh reg backup done just before starting playing with settings, it is the sort of thing that does not harm, does not take much time/space and can be a lifesaver.

iMav is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cithel View Post
    Sorry, but if I need to back up the registry to be safe when using the program, I'm not going to be using the program.... especially for this.
    I'm assuming that you install no software in that case since EVERY software changes registry entries.

@Ritesh: Good work, some screen shots in the original post would be great.

Thanks bandicoat and iMav

@iMav : Images are now uploaded now...

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    No Problem Cithel, I hope someone would find it useful.
    I'm sure someone will.

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    It is always advisable not only to create a backup of registry but also to create a restore point which will help you If something went wrong.

However this app does nothing which can harm or crash your computer.
    Backing up the registry and creating restore points isn't something to be done every 5 minutes. Restore points are dumped on a first in first out basis and depending on how much space you have configured for storage you can push an important restore point out very quickly. Backing up the registry is less of an issue but restoring it can be VERY problematic.

If the program does nothing that can harm the computer then why bother? But the program can harm the system (not saying it will, just that it can) since it is in fact changing settings in the registry, right?

leofelix is offline Member

Default it doesn't work

It doesn't work.

Image Translated into english:

Tweaking Tool for IE stopped working
    Windows can look for a solution on line
    . look for a solution on line and close the program
    - close the program

I also think you should include a MD5 Hash

[EDIT to add]
    OS Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP 2. Italian
    ESET Smart Security 4.0
    MalwareBytes' AntiMalware 1.42 full paid version
    Winpatrol Plus 2010
    RETURNIL Virtual System Home Lux 2010
    Main Browser: Firefox 3.5.6
    Last edited by leofelix; 28th December 2009 at 17:45.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

A handy utility for IE lovers. Blogged about it.

I'm sure someone will.
    You would be glad to know that a lot of people had been benefited by it, so far as per from our server IE Tweaker has been downloaded 1742 times

Backing up the registry and creating restore points isn't something to be done every 5 minutes. Restore points are dumped on a first in first out basis and depending on how much space you have configured for storage you can push an important restore point out very quickly. Backing up the registry is less of an issue but restoring it can be VERY problematic.
    If you have problem with creating a restore point than try figuring something else, (well since you are not using it you should not worry). Any way if you don't know how to backup registry follow the Microsoft KB as stated earlier.
    here is the link for you
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows XP
    How to set a system restore point in Windows XP

There are trusted and reliable tools too to backup registry and create a restore point, but since you are scared of such tools which edit your registry I haven't given link for them.

But the program can harm the system (not saying it will, just that it can) since it is in fact changing settings in the registry, right?
    And may I know how did you conclude to this point? Do you even know how system registry works? I don't feel so.

IE Tweaker does edit registry but it can't harm your system. And for your Information (iMav has already said that) that most of the software edit registry, so in that case you should stop using every software, even your Messenger, your Browser (IE, Chrome, anyone) and most of them changes registry setting.

So don't worry these are not to harm your system. Registry is an integral part. I can write pages on registry (working from a long time on it), but not here in this place.

Well as an eg. see UWT that too changes registry settings and is advised to make back up and restore point at first place.

Even, most of registry tips provided in TWCF advises user to backup your registry, even Moderators too advises for the same.

@Leofelix:
    Don't know whats the problem will check that out.

@tweakwindows : Thanks for supporting
    Last edited by riteshtechie; 28th December 2009 at 18:20.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last