View Poll Results: Which is your default browser?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

9 34.62%
  • Firefox

13 50.00%
  • Opera

1 3.85%
  • Chrome

1 3.85%
  • Safari

0 0%
  • Other

2 7.69%
    HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Is Internet Explorer your default web browser?

Is IE8 your default web browser?

Well while I have IE8, FF, Opera, Chrome & Safari my default Browser is (IE based) Maxthon.

Maxthon because its feature rich and I have all the positives of IE! I've been using it for quite a few years now.

A nice read here btw, about the plus's of IE8: Mike Ormond's Blog : Is IE8 your default web browser?

So, is IE8 your default web browser? If not, why not?

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

My default browser is Firefox and it's been my browser of choice since November 2004. Being the first truly customizable browser I have been able to choose what to add and how I want it to look.

Bad press has always put me off using IE, when you hear of most 0 day attacks they are IE related so psychologically I feel safer using another browser.

I have briefly played with all the other browsers on the market but I feel really at home when I am using my default Firefox.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I like the IE8. For certain things I also use Opera. I have tried FF, Chrome and Safari (plus some others). Of those, I would only consider Safari as an alternative. FF and Chrome are too invasive. They think they have to take over the system. If you install FF or Chrome for the first time, I recommend you bookmark your IE Favorites and put them into a safe place. I got mine messed up with both installations/deinstallations.
    Last edited by whs; 17th March 2010 at 17:13.

riann is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrMBerman View Post
    My default browser is Firefox and it's been my browser of choice since November 2004. Being the first truly customizable browser I have been able to choose what to add and how I want it to look.

Bad press has always put me off using IE, when you hear of most 0 day attacks they are IE related so psychologically I feel safer using another browser.

I have briefly played with all the other browsers on the market but I feel really at home when I am using my default Firefox.
    I've used Firefox since the first beta. At this point, it's configured to be relatively secure and makes small tasks easier and faster - things get done faster.
    I've always used other browsers side by side with Firefox; lately it's been Chrome and it's really coming along. Opera is good but I haven't spent enough time with it for me to get around in it easily. Safari - eh, its OK.
    I think IE8 is a huge improvement - I use it but not as much as Firefox and Chrome.

Zecom is offline Beginner

I have tried many browsers over many years of computing but today and for the last few years I have used Maxthon, I find auto refresh very handy

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

im also using "auto-refresh" in Firefox....

Max_Payne is offline Senior Member

I use Firefox by default from February, since last IE security threats.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

How could I switch? IE8 still better than any 3rd party web-browsers.
    IE is still default web-browser for me...

AHS0 is offline Senior Member

No. Firefox 3.6.12 is default.