Morrison58 is offline Beginner

Default Internet Explorer 8 & Fix IE Utility

So I'm having an issue with Internet Explorer 8 and I figured I would run the Fix IE Utility. I understand what the utility does and maybe there can be an update to this program. The update would inculde resetting ALL IE to default options regaurdless if another program has taken over the settings. Take a look at the pic in this message. Running this utility did not fix my IE8 problem.

I'm still working on a solution to fix this, I can not log into any https secure website... hotmail, google voice, facebook, etc ...

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Run Group Policy Editor (type gpedit.msc in Run Dialogbox or StartSearch box n press enter)
    Navigate to the following tree node...
    Local Computer Policy
    > User Configuration
    > > Windows Components
    > > > Internet Explorer
    > > > > Internet Control Panel
    > > > > > Advanced Page

Look for setting Turn off Encryption Support and double click on change its setting...
    Choose Not Configured from setting dialog box and click on APPLY or OK to comit changes.

Is gpedit.msc included with Windows 7 Home Premium? I didnt think it was. This problem is on a test box, so i'm not really worried about it as a solution will turn up.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Ohh!!! You are using Windows 7 Home Premium... GPEdit is not part of Home Premium edition... so follow these steps-

1. Run Registry Editor (Type Regedit.exe in RunDialog Box or StartSearch Box)
    2. Go to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Wind ows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
    3. Look for a DWORD value called SecureProtocols and delete it.
    4. You may need to Restart or Logoff your PC to take effect.

Worked great! Thanks alot... Do you know what casues this? I'm pretty sure it wasnt cause by any type of malware as its a test box and its not connected to the internet. Even tho its not connected to internet, we still scan it for malware. Is there an easy way to make a .reg file for that fix?

Thanks again ...

y0himba is offline Beginner

I had the exact same issue after using the IE Tweaker downloaded from here. Luckily I was able to use the Group Policy Editor to fix it as outlined above.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Quote Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
    I had the exact same issue after using the IE Tweaker downloaded from here. Luckily I was able to use the Group Policy Editor to fix it as outlined above.
    What problem did you face? you can always reset all the tweaks from TWEAK IE by using "Restore Default" button from the welcome page

greentech is offline Beginner

IE 8 have some problems, some problems are becuase of internet history, temp files, internet cache, cookies, run system cleaner to solve the issue