Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    LeeW is offline Gold Member

The only alternative to running in InPrivate Mode Automatically is to create a shortcut to InPrivate Mode, For example a new IE shortcut on your desktop
    • Right-Click on the desktop, Select New, next select Shortcut.
    • Type the following in the path box: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private (The path will be the path to Internet Explorer, then add -private after ending quotes)
    • Click next and give it a name. Now you can run InPrivate Mode Automatically by running the shortcut
    Was mentioned before by CaptJack, just added it as a complete solution to the method to use

(Pirates of the Caribbean is my fav Trilogy movie set, btw, lol)

emkovicz is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Jack View Post
    Hello,

Sorry my friend I wish here is such option. But in this thread it's mentioned that it's not possible
    Hi, thanks for reply. But what makes you sure there is no such option? AFAIK same was valid for IE8 too until someone discovered the registry key which was not documented?

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    The only alternative to running in InPrivate Mode Automatically is to create a shortcut to InPrivate Mode, For example a new IE shortcut on your desktop
    • Right-Click on the desktop, Select New, next select Shortcut.
    • Type the following in the path box: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private (The path will be the path to Internet Explorer, then add -private after ending quotes)
    • Click next and give it a name. Now you can run InPrivate Mode Automatically by running the shortcut
    Was mentioned before by CaptJack, just added it as a complete solution to the method to use

(Pirates of the Caribbean is my fav Trilogy movie set, btw, lol)
    Prblem is... you are in InPrivate browsing which means no history etc is saved. I just need to enable InPrivate filtering in order to get rid of ads.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by emkovicz View Post
    Hi, thanks for reply. But what makes you sure there is no such option? AFAIK same was valid for IE8 too until someone discovered the registry key which was not documented?
    I have time I'll show you the report from Microsoft. They removed the option, period. It may be added back in for the final but the Beta has no such option. Until then you can use the option I gave you to use Inprivate Automatically. Takes 2 seconds to do

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    I have time I'll show you the report from Microsoft. They removed the option, period. It may be added back in for the final but the Beta has no such option. Until then you can use the option I gave you to use Inprivate Automatically. Takes 2 seconds to do
    Ok, hopefully they are going to fix it in full release. InPrivate by using shortcut is not exactly the same as then you are without your browsing history.
    Maybe it could be possible to write an addon which would enter ctrl+shift+f just with first startup of the browser.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Hi, emkovicz.

Be sure to submit feedback. Click on the tool icon in the upper right corner. The Send feedback link is at the bottom of the list.

eir467 is offline New Member

Prblem is... you are in InPrivate browsing which means no history etc is saved. I just need to enable InPrivate filtering in order to get rid of ads.

Hi, I have exactly same problem, could you please share how did you solve it?
    I suppose registry key has changed.

if you used to use InPrivate Filtering for getting ris of ads like in ie8 just rename StartMode to FilteringMode...it works, for me at least
    Last edited by eir467; 19th September 2010 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by eir467 View Post
    if you used to use InPrivate Filtering for getting ris of ads like in ie8 just rename StartMode to FilteringMode...it works, for me at least
    Hi, thanks a lot. Exactly what I need. Works perfectly

ityp is offline Beginner

IE 9 only works on Windows 7 and Vista.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.rotton View Post
    sadly microsoft have failed to impliment a spell checker into the browser. Looks nice but sadly I need this one thing.
    I need this too...

Enable "InPrivate Filtering" in IE9 at Startup....

Run Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Safety\PrivacIE
    And Now create a DWORD value called FilteringMode and set its data as 1

Restart IE9 and now it always keep "InPrivate Filtering" enabled at startup.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last