Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation What is new in Internet Explorer 9?

The improvements to Internet Explorer are as much about what you don't see as what you do see. Internet Explorer 9 has a streamlined design, fewer dialog boxes to click through, more intuitive navigation, and many new features that speed up your web browsing experience. Features like Pinned Sites let you pin your favorite website directly to the taskbar for one-click access. Other features, like hardware acceleration, deliver an all-around faster browsing experience. With Internet Explorer 9, websites perform and feel more like the programs you use every day on your PC.

Here's what's new: What's new in Internet Explorer 9?

Discover Internet Explorer 9 : Internet Explorer 9 features discussed in details

Download links for Internet Explorer 9 : Download Internet Explorer 9 Beta for Windows now

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

sadly microsoft have failed to impliment a spell checker into the browser. Looks nice but sadly I need this one thing.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

I'm liking the new look and some of the features

Elmer B. is offline Windows Enthusiast

Anyone tried it out on Peacekeeper, The Browser Benchmarker yet ?

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

I have run the tests on my Firefox Browser and IE9 and here are the results:

Interesting results but be aware that I have fully customised Firefox and IE to suit my needs.

I will continue using IE9 till I find a reason not to. (Maybe a while as I am impressed).

hackerman1 is offline Moderator

tabs to the right of the address-bar !?
    open 10 (or 20) tabs and notice what it looks like....
    and one other VERY important thing, when you install IE9 you lose IE8 !?
    VERY stupid !
    since IE9 is a BETA of course the installer should NOT remove IE8, it should be installed separately, so the user can continue to use IE8 if IE9 doesn´t work !

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Things I have noticed so far:
    • No toolbar to add Favorites. You either open the favorites dialog and hit add or right click a page and add to favorites. Wish there was a button you could add just for this as I used it alot as apparent by the 2000+ favs I have.
    • Download manager (which I was very much hoping for, thus eliminating need for other browsers). Does not show download speed (Figured out if you are downloading a file and you are viewing the download manager, hover your mouse over the percentage downloaded and it will give you the download speed).
    • The command bar. I think it should have been built if you enable the commandbar it takes the place of the 3 icon menu at top right.
    • Pin your favorite sites to taskbar which enables you to open your favorite sites without the IE tabs being grouped together in the taskbar.
    • Tear off tabs, enabling you to drag the tab and view side by side in another instance of IE.
    • No Spell Checker still, which as mentioned before by johnny, would be very helpful especially useful for us 2 fingered typers who type real fast but sometimes miss that key or 2 (I did install IESpell and though its still limited it would help to have a as you go Spell Checker).
    • When typing sometimes it seems to hang up and you have to click again to continue typing.
    • If I haven't opened IE for awhile and open it, when loading homepage the page is blank and I either have to refresh or reopen IE or another tab.
    • If I haven't opened IE or have had IE idle for some time, IE seems to load pages extremely slow until refreshing or opening a new tab.
    • When typing getting random error, internet explorer has stopped responding......... Has happened 5 times while adding bullets to this post. To see what I meen start a post begin typing some lines of text and add bullets, then hit the back button to remove a bullet. After a few times this errored on me and restarted IE.
    All in all I really like it and the things I have noticed I know are beta and hopefully be rectified in the end.

I have also noticed a few registry entries and other things and have been playing with them to see what they may or may do as well, to begin (hacking) away at it .
    Last edited by LeeW; 16th September 2010 at 07:33.

Elmer B. is offline Windows Enthusiast

That's quite impressive L.W. A test I did last week gave me
    firefox 3.6.6 2841
    I.E.8 925

I may look forward to I.E.9 when through the Beta stages. I only moved to FF because I.E.8 was forced upon me with Win7 (I liked I.E.7).

eir467 is offline New Member

everything looks good but one question how to enable inprivate filtering automaticaly lke in ie8?

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Seems like they recommend to uninstall Windows 7 SP 1 Beta before installing IE 9 Beta

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/ff959805.aspx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last