23rd September 2010, 03:30 #1
Top 7 keyboard shortcuts for Internet Explorer 9 Beta
With the release of Internet Explorer 9 Beta, I started using it as my primary browser. As a power user I want to accomplish tasks more quickly. So, here are my top 7 keyboard shortcuts to help you in browsing more efficiently. Now your most frequent and essential tasks can be accomplished more quickly by using the keyboard.
- Alt – Show the menu bar. After you make a selection, the menu bar goes away.
- Alt+M – Go to your homepage.
- Alt+C – View your favorites, feeds, and browsing history.
- Ctrl+J – Open Download Manager.
- Ctrl+L – Highlight the text in the Address bar.
- Ctrl+D – Add a webpage to your favorites.
Source: Top 7 keyboard shortcuts for Internet Explorer 9 Beta | MicrosoftFeed
- Ctrl+B – Organize your favorites.
23rd September 2010, 16:35 #2
I suppose some of them were working on IE8 too right?
24th September 2010, 04:08 #3
26th September 2010, 17:13 #4
IE9 tabs don't have close (X) button except the current active tab. So just middle click (mouse middle click) on any tab to close them without focusing.
5th October 2010, 19:43 #5
Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+e to quickly turn the OneBar into a search bar.