Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    It would be great to see these Bing/google, search box option, etc too in the tweaker!
    Many more options to come

CrazyKZ is offline New Member

The only issue I'm having with it is when I activate the menu bar on top, by minimize and cloze buttons for IE9 don't work at all. Anyone else having this problem? When I only activate the menu bar as active, but not on top, they do work.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKZ View Post
    The only issue I'm having with it is when I activate the menu bar on top, by minimize and cloze buttons for IE9 don't work at all. Anyone else having this problem? When I only activate the menu bar as active, but not on top, they do work.
    Yea, there are some issues with placing the menubar on top, especially the black bar it adds next to tabs as well as glitchy control buttons. I wasn't going to add it to the app, but users like the option of being able to do it.

Next release (coming shortly), If I do keep the option, I'll add a warning as to the side effects of adding to top.

CrazyKZ is offline New Member

It would be helpful to have it on top to save space. Why does it not work? You think IE will allow that with the next release?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKZ View Post
    It would be helpful to have it on top to save space. Why does it not work? You think IE will allow that with the next release?
    As far as I can tell it is all by design. From what I can see from taking IE apart as much as I have so far is it has something to do with the spacing across the top. Earlier versions had somewhat larger area on top and IE9 has gone with the aero look taking away the titlebar and replacing it with a (clean) border across the top.If not fixed by the IE Tweam in the future I do at least see some tweaks coming to possibly rectify the issue and give it a cleaner look and operation.

Before I release the next version of IE9 Tweaker, I'll check into it some more and see what can be done to at least make it act a little smoother.

VBasic is offline New Member

Lightbulb Feedback

Hi,

I just downloaded the freeware IE9 Tweaker v1.0, and it
    didn't work perfectly, I got a .NET Framework null exception
    unhandled, and the program exited.

However, after a while it worked, since I told it to continue,
    with the fault, and then I pressed apply, restaring the same
    exe file will NO longer crash, please provide a fix. I recommend
    you guy's catch that exception using Try-Catch() blocks.

Anyway, I am NOT sure about your program name, it's hard to
    understand, am I using "IE9 Tweaker v1.0" or am I using a different
    software called "TweakIE9" - what is the real name?

My best advice and suggestion, as a professional user, and IT-pro,
    is that you set a name for the whole program. I suggest you call
    it "IE9 Tweaker v1.0" that sounds much better, and many users
    understand the purpose of your software that way.

I hope this feedback is useful...

Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback Vbasic. I'll add some more error handling into the loading of the app. As far as the name, the name is IE9 Tweaker v1.0. There is an app by TWC that is called TweakIE available on the TWC Freeware page but it is a separate application. If your referring to the assembly name under properties/original filename, yes it was named TweakIE9 and changed to IE9 Tweaker to not confuse people between the original TweakIE application and this one. Thank you for noticing I'll make sure it displays under properties correctly as was just a typing error in project properties

Ganesh is offline Beginner

Nice small utility......

VBasic is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Thank you for your feedback Vbasic. I'll add some more error handling into the loading of the app. As far as the name, the name is IE9 Tweaker v1.0. There is an app by TWC that is called TweakIE available on the TWC Freeware page[/URL] but it is a separate application. If your referring to the assembly name under properties/original filename, yes it was named TweakIE9 and changed to IE9 Tweaker to not confuse people between the original TweakIE application and this one. Thank you for noticing I'll make sure it displays under properties correctly as was just a typing error in project properties
    I understand, you need to change it for the info dialog when clicking the "?" green picture,
    and you'll have to change it on PayPal, because people might think that this is some sort of
    "FRAUD" or that somebody has sent them to a FAKE website. Anyway, you have done some
    awesome work man, greatz .

Figured I would throw up a screen of what the new homepage creator part of IE9 Tweaker will be able to do. Will support choosing your own background images, premade themes, and will no longer create a folder in C:\Windows for the image files as the premade themes will be taken from an online image storage. Also adding the ability for a third row of links, so there will be 18 total allowable.

Still tossing a couple more ideas, but if anyone has a viable request as a feature to be able to include, let me know

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last