Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    japp is offline Gold Member

Default Internet Explorere does not remember passwords or credentials

Internet Explorer does not remember my passwords or credentials every time. E 9 remember my password for Hotmail, but else it seems it can't.

Is there a way to have IE9 to remember and then automatically log in to web sites like in Opera's Password Manager?

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

IE9 does remember passwords when we allow it. May be you didnt notice the popup as it is done in a less intrusive way at the bottom. See the image below

Also please see if these links help you:

Manage passwords in Internet Explorer using Credential Manager in Windows 8
    How to Force Internet Explorer to save passwords...again!.

Bellaar is offline Windows Enthusiast

Not a great idea for any browser to remember passwords, I never do

Quote Originally Posted by nithinr6 View Post
    IE9 does remember passwords when we allow it. May be you didnt notice the popup as it is done in a less intrusive way at the bottom. See the image below

Thanks
    Either I don't understand what you mean or it's not what I'm after. In Opera I get this option to save or not save the log in for a site:

By clicking Save Opera remembers my login details and next time I can just click on this "key":

and it automatically fills in my login data.

When logging in to this Forum using IE9 I always have to fill in my login datas unlike when I'm using Opera.
    So, the question agian is it possible with IE9, too?
    Last edited by japp; 03-01-2011 at 11:10 AM.

I do as I find it very, very practical as the only other option I know of is to find my folder for my passwords, then the one for the site I'm to log into and then copy and paste twice.

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

@japp yes IE9 has one such option

Quote Originally Posted by nithinr6 View Post
    @japp yes IE9 has one such option

But it doesn't show up for me, not even when I log into this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    There are some instances I have noticed that you will not get asked to save a password. I don't think it is an IE9 issue though but a website issue itself. Haven't really looked into it to be 100% verified but I'm pretty sure. As stated by Nithin, Japp, in most cases you will be presented with a popup at the bottom of the IE9 window asking if you would like to save a password.

Also check in Internet Options\Content\AutoComplete that Usernames and Passwords on Forms and Ask before saving passwords is checked.

@Bellaar: While not everyone saves their passwords, there are users that do. The post was a question on How To save passwords and not Should he save passwords. Lets try to keep the forum questions to answers only as they are used for future reference to help other users as well.
    As far as I can see my settings are like that:

So, what else might I be doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    With the release of the RC, make sure you don't have sites like The Windows Club and such added into Compatibility View. The RC is running much better compared to the first beta builds and the need for Compatibility View is narrowing down.

To check on the IE9 Menubar, Tools\Compatibility View Settings and remove the sites listed if there are any.

Another thing that you may check into is in the addressbar, keep an eye on the sites you don't not get the option to save passwords. If you see the censor icon (circle with line through the middle) light up blue, this meens certain features such as activex, tracking....... are being blocked. If you see the icon light up blue on each of the sites information may be being blocked from being stored. Clicking on the icon when it is blue you will be presented with options for what is being blocked.

No listings in:

When I click on username, this turns up:

but I still have to paste my password.

I don't see anything like censor icon (what will it look like?) or any form of information neiher on top or bottom of the browser.

I have found one way around this which I'm testing out: LASTPASS FOR WINDOWS from https://lastpass.com/
    It didn't work for this Forum in IE9, but I logged in using Firefox and voila now I'm also having auto login for IE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast