amaboura is offline Beginner

Default [Tip] Open two sessions in Internet Explorer 9 without 3rd paty softwares

Hi Folks ,

since the last time i've installed Internet Explorer 9 , i was impressed by the new features coming to it , pinning to the taskbar was one of them , we know all that this feature extend browsing experience for IE9 compatible websites , otherwise it can serve for another thing like open 2 sessions in the same time from the same website without the need of using third party software

let's have a try on facebook.com :

1- Open Facebook.com of IE9 and open a login
    2- when the webpage loads completely, pin the website on your taskbar (drag the favicon to the taskbar)
    3- open a new instance of IE9 and open facebook.com and open a new session (login with a new account )

as you can see you can do that IE9, i tried the same thing with Firefox 4 and Chrome , i still can open one session at time .

that was a "feature" hidden beyond one of the IE9 features, hope this tip will help you one time

Regards,

davehc is offline Beginner

The "pin to taskbar" is actually a feature of Windows 7, not IE9.

I am not sure if this is what the other part of your post refers to but, fwiw, another feature of Windows 7. With Firefox or IE (or Opera) , you can open many other sessions by clicking the middle mouse button over the relevant taskbar icon

Hi , i've mentioned in the post "pining to taskbar that extend browsing experience for IE9 compatible websites ".
    about the feature you're talking on , i've not tried it before (laptop) , but for the one i've talked on in this post , it refer to IE9 and it don't work for Firefox 4 & chrome

Thanx for the info.

Regards ,

davehc is offline Beginner

I understand. But do you not think the normal method of having more than one browser session, does (as I outlined), does the same thing? (And works with any browser!)

yeah i see

japp is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by davehc View Post
    The "pin to taskbar" is actually a feature of Windows 7, not IE9.

I am not sure if this is what the other part of your post refers to but, fwiw, another feature of Windows 7. With Firefox or IE (or Opera) , you can open many other sessions by clicking the middle mouse button over the relevant taskbar icon
    If you odn't have a middle mouse button, you can hold down the shift key and click on your bowser's icon.