Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By roraniel

Thread: IE 9 not behaving as it should.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Default IE 9 not behaving as it should.

As you can see by the attached video Internet Explorer crashes whenever I press the option button (The small cog to the far right).

I have tried;

Uninstalling IE9 and turning off IE8 then reinstalling. (still happens)
    Restoring Windows to previous known good config. (Still happens)

I only seem to have one option thats to re-install Windows... Again.

All happened after using an IE9 tweaker from here

The warning wasn't up when I used this so called tweaker (system killer)

Enjoy the video and please respond with any helpful hints that dosn't resort in me doing a clean install.

Thanks, Johnny

Video link::

roraniel is offline Gold Member

johnny:

Sounds frustrating. Not a solution but when you do get it fixed or end up reinstalling Windows you may want to consider getting an external hard drive and setting up a full system image backup routine.

I use a 1 TB external and Acronis True Image 2011 and use the version string option for nightly backups. This way if something like your situation happens I just need to sync all my data files to the external hard drive (I use SyncToy), restore to last night’s backup, and re-sync my data files.
    davehc likes this.

japp is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    johnny:

Sounds frustrating. Not a solution but when you do get it fixed or end up reinstalling Windows you may want to consider getting an external hard drive and setting up a full system image backup routine.

I use a 1 TB external and Acronis True Image 2011 and use the version string option for nightly backups. This way if something like your situation happens I just need to sync all my data files to the external hard drive (I use SyncToy), restore to last night’s backup, and re-sync my data files.
    Does this mean that you use the File Backup option in Acronis?

roraniel is offline Gold Member

@japp

I use the Disk and partition back option in Acronis to create a image of my entire system and I used the "version chain" option when I set up the schedule to update the image once a day. The version chain option only updates anything that has changed each day.

I use Microsoft SyncToy to keep a duplicate copy of all my data files on the external hard drive. This is actually redundant because all the files get backed up when Acronis updates the system image but that is my routine.

I like the SyncToy tool. I also use it to keep some files synced over our home network between my wifes laptop and mine.

japp is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    @japp

I use the Disk and partition back option in Acronis to create a image of my entire system and I used the "version chain" option when I set up the schedule to update the image once a day. The version chain option only updates anything that has changed each day.

I use Microsoft SyncToy to keep a duplicate copy of all my data files on the external hard drive. This is actually redundant because all the files get backed up when Acronis updates the system image but that is my routine.

I like the SyncToy tool. I also use it to keep some files synced over our home network between my wifes laptop and mine.

OK, thanks
    I prefer to let Acronis create new images each time as I feeel I'm having more control then. An old habit of mine I can't change

Been using Free FileSync to sync some of my datas I keep as backup. Going to install SyncToy to check it out.