Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marcos

Thread: Cannot Print in Internet Explorer

andy32901 is offline New Member

Default Cannot Print in Internet Explorer

I used to have IE8 and I could print web pages ok. I upgraded to IE9 and now I cannot print web pages. I tried Firefox and I can print ok. I can print ok on the computer (Word, Paint, etc) but not webpages in IE9. I revert back to IE8 and it prints ok, I redownloaded IE9 and it still will not print. I have tried "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" in internet options on the tools menu. No help.
    I like IE9 and would like to use it if I can resolve this problem.

I am using a HP computer 1 yr old. AMD Phenom II x4 820 processor 2.80 GHz. 8 GB ram. It has windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

1. In IE9 If I click file, print or I click print on the toolbar I get the printer setup window. I click ok and then I get a script error window. it says:

"an error has occurred in the script on this page"
    "line: 2107"
    "Char: 1"
    "Error: There is no connection for this connection ID"
    "Code 1"
    "URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js"

it asks at the bottom "do you want to continue running scripts on ths page" I click on yes but it still does not print.

2. in IE9 If I click file, print preview, I get a preview window of what I want. I click print and I get this window:
    "Message from webpage"
    "There was an internal error, and Internet explorer is unable to print this document"

Does anyone have any ideas?

andy32901

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

vasudev is offline Moderator

Instead of upgrading, download offline ver of IE9 and reinstall.
    Also try to print after running 64 bit ver of IE9 instead of 32 bit (32bit is default). 64 bit ver of IE9 installs both ver.
    Also frm tools >Internet options >Advanced , check - disable script debugging,disable script debugging options
    unck display notification abt every script error.

andy32901 is offline New Member

to HappyAndyK

I re-registered ieframe.dll - did not help
    I had to manually reset IE9 settings - did not help
    I did set use software rendering in the tools menu did no help
    Cannot print using some printers - update pkg already installed
    use Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Services - Not for windows7 - used native windows 7 troubleshooting in control panel - did not help

to Vasudev
    I uninstalled and reinstalled IE9 twice. Both times when it drops back to IE8 the print works ok, when IE9 is installed i get the print error. I am using the x64 version.
    I have the check disable script debugging and disable script debugging options, and uncheck display notification about every script error set for now.
    none of these have helped.

Thank you both for your ideas. I guess i will have to use Firefox if I have print for now, until maybe an update will help. Other than printing IE9 is working ok.

Thanks andy32901

Deuce is offline New Member

I have the exact same problem and the exact same two error messages. I've tried all the Microsoft KB solutions I could find, no luck. Previous upgrades from ie6 to ie7 to ie8 were no problem. Something is different this time but I don't know what. Printer is HP.

vasudev is offline Moderator

I think if your HP printer drivers/Software are ActiveX based then it wont work in IE.
    Please try this fix - Fix for ActiveX Control Installation Utility on Microsoft Windows 7
    I'm not sure if it works for 64 bit also.

Or check for any new drivers made available by HP for your printer specifically for Windows 7 and IE 8/9 64 bit.

Marcos is offline New Member

Default IE9 script print error.

This might be a little late for most people, but I thought I would share it with you all.

Ever since Windows 7 and IE9 were installed in my Laptop, I always noticed that the Start Menu included two links labeled like this: Inter Explorer (64-bit), and Internet Explorer. Since my version of Windows 7 is 64-bit, I always assumed that the Inter Explorer (64-bit) is the one I should always use to access the internet. Unfortunately, that’s the link that always returns the dreaded Script Error every time I try to print something off of a web page, such as my bank statement. The script error is always shown to be on line 2107, as an unspecified error. I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall IE9 four or five times without success: I was never able to print anything using Internet Explorer (64-bit).

Then it occurred to me that maybe the latter might be Internet Explorer (32-bit), which is not labeled as such. I decided to try that link instead to see if the script error would come back. Surprise surprise! That’s it! If you want to print something off the internet, don’t use the link labeled Internet Explorer (64-bit). It is that simple. Use the other one. And for convenience, you can also move that link (the 32-bit) to the desk top and to the task bar. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced the same kind of problem. Hope this would help.

Since I always have to use a wireless printer, at first I was afraid that maybe that’s where my problem was. But I was wrong.

I would also like to mention that my laptop is the Acer Aspire 5820T-6401 (Timeline X), with 8-GB of installed RAM. My printer is the HP-Office jet 6500 Wireless, all-in-one.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

LoriHerz is offline New Member

All I can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! It was the simplest solution!! I havent been able to print in a year and I read your post, it was a miracle!! I even contacted HP about the issue a while ago and it only worked for one day, now I know what to do! You are truly my hero!

cngriffin is offline New Member

Default Thank you VERY much!!

Thank you very much!! What a simple solution! It would seem that Microsoft would fix this in about 2 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    This might be a little late for most people, but I thought I would share it with you all.
    Ever since Windows 7 and IE9 were installed in my Laptop, I always noticed that the Start Menu included two links labeled like this: Inter Explorer (64-bit), and Internet Explorer. Since my version of Windows 7 is 64-bit, I always assumed that the Inter Explorer (64-bit) is the one I should always use to access the internet. Unfortunately, thatís the link that always returns the dreaded Script Error every time I try to print something off of a web page, such as my bank statement. The script error is always shown to be on line 2107, as an unspecified error. I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall IE9 four or five times without success: I was never able to print anything using Internet Explorer (64-bit). Then it occurred to me that maybe the latter might be Internet Explorer (32-bit), which is not labeled as such. I decided to try that link instead to see if the script error would come back. Surprise surprise! Thatís it! If you want to print something off the internet, donít use the link labeled Internet Explorer (64-bit). It is that simple. Use the other one. And for convenience, you can also move that link (the 32-bit) to the desk top and to the task bar. I donít know if anyone else has experienced the same kind of problem. Hope this would help.
    Since I always have to use a wireless printer, at first I was afraid that maybe thatís where my problem was. But I was wrong.
    I would also like to mention that my laptop is the Acer Aspire 5820T-6401 (Timeline X), with 8-GB of installed RAM. My printer is the HP-Office jet 6500 Wireless, all-in-one.