Jenian is offline New Member

Default Internet Explore 9 and Google Chrome POP Up.

I just joined the Windows Club Forum today and I think I probably am in the wrong area for posting questions so feel free to help me find my way around please.

I recently installed Internet Explorer 9 as my default browser on my Windows 7 Service pack 1 Home Premium operating system.

I have.google.ca/ Google as my default Search Engine.

The problem now is every time I click on Google Search Canada I get this most annoying Pop Up appearing in the top right hand corner of my Browser.

The Pop Up is asking me to Install Google Chrome and clicking on the little x only deletes it temporarily and it keeps coming back.

I know this is also happening with Google Search U.K. but strangely enough not with Google Search.com

I do not want Google Chrome but I do want to get rid of this message permanently, Please Help.

Jenian.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I tried visiting Google.ca with my Firefox and you dont get it. When I visit google.ca, I only see a box in top right corner suggesting that I install Chrome - with a 'x' option to close the box. I dont think you can get rid of it permanently. I guess it must be a promo being targeted by Google Canada against IE9 users

Thanks for taking a look Andy, that is exactly what I am seeing, I never had it with I.E. 8 and I like the new Internet Explorer 9. Doing something like this just turns people against Google.

By the way I like the new Graphic Interface of the Windows Club, very cool.

I got the perfect fix to my ''Install Google Chrome'' irration, I deleted the Google.ca Search Engine from my Favorite Bar and have stopped using Google Search after more than 10 years.

I have now switched to Bing Search Canada and am very happy with the results so far. Google have to learn if they are going to bug customers they are going to lose them.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Glad you liked the new theme for Windows Club

Yes, sometimes hard-sell does actually turn off potential converts. That is why Google.ca has lost you now.