Matrix is offline Senior Member

Default How to stop a program from opening my browser?

Everytime I connect my broadband USB to the internet, it opens the browser to yahoo.com page.

How can I stop it from opening any webpage? Any help would be appreciated.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Try this:

Open the Program folder of the .exe file that opens up your browser, when it runs. In its folder, see if you can find any .lnk, .htm web page shortcut and see if it points to the URL which the program opens directly. If so delete it and see if it help - or else change it to a page you use frequently. If if such a shortcut does not exist, then maybe it is hard-coded in the program, then there may be little that you could do.

Try adding the URL to the Hosts file or to the Internet Options > Restricted Sites. A blank page may open instead of the site loading in such a case.

Maybe someone else has better ideas...

yethz is offline Windows Enthusiast

does that internet usb stick has a console or a control panel? try to open it and see the configurations says;
    automatically open browser when broadband is now connected or something like that...

Matrix is offline Senior Member

@HappyAndyK There is no such file in its program folder. Looks like it is hardcoded then.
    @yethz: There is nothing like this in the settings of the broadband usb stick.