AllmanBros is offline New Member

Default IE9 not shown in default programs in Vista

I'm using Vista and for some reason IE9 no longer shows up in default programs. Aggravating cause when I click a link in an email I get a message saying "no file associated with this action"...I searched everywhere and NOTHING helps? Any good ideas out there. I'm new so give me a break please!

DustinH is offline Senior Member

What about if you go to Internet Options in Control Panel, click the Programs tab and make IE the default web browser. Does that allow you to open HTTP links within emails?

If not, you could try redownloading IE9 (New Internet Explorer Browser | Internet Explorer® 9) and install it again. It would repair the install and should give it back all the defaults and put it back in the Default Programs icon within Control Panel.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

no unfortunately it doesn't. IE9 is my default browser also...I'll try to reinstall IE9 to see what happens, asap...(I've had s stroke so it may take me a day or two....

uninstalled ie9 back to ie7, reinstalled ie9, still same problem. not shown in default programs, under custom, microsoft, or non microsoft....still won't open email links....

ie9 is set as default browser also...