anon_priv is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default IE9 slow, but...

Hi,

IE 9 is running very very slowly (new problem), but if I start it as administrator, it works at normal speed.

Can anyone advise and tell me how to get IE runnning at normal speed in usual mode.

Thanks

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Hi, anon_priv.

I suggest trouble-shooting IE in the no add-ons mode: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). Then, via Internet Options, select Manage Add-ons. Enable/disable each add-on individually to identify which, if any, add-on is creating problems.

It may also help to run TempFileCleaner. Instructions:

Download TFC to your desktop
    • Open the file and close any other windows.
    • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
    • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
    • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

anon_priv is offline Windows Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Hi, anon_priv.

I suggest trouble-shooting IE in the no add-ons mode: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). Then, via Internet Options, select Manage Add-ons. Enable/disable each add-on individually to identify which, if any, add-on is creating problems.

It may also help to run TempFileCleaner. Instructions:

Download TFC to your desktop
    • Open the file and close any other windows.
    • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
    • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
    • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean
    Thank you for the advice.

Best wishes.

A