ruffus is offline New Member

Default IE9 Javascript not running and other problems

I had a virus a few weeks ago and had to do a system restore. Don't know if my problems started than but I know i have them now. My IE 9 running on Windows 7 does not show any Javascripts. The Javascripts tag is enabled in the security option and I do see the Javascript with both Chrome and FF, but not IE 9. Also, when I go to IE 9's about box there is no version, cyper strenth or product ID.

I tried to reinstall the program, but could not because I would get an error notice that a new version of IE is already installed. I also tried to install IE 10, but it would not install.

I have been searching the web without too much luck. Any help, suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you... Ruffus

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Since you have just recovered from a malware infection, I suggest you Reset IE and see if it helps.

ruffus is offline New Member

Hi Happy - Thanks for your suggestion, I tried to reset IE9 again, with the same results. My "gut" feeling is that something in the registry has been deleted, becuase why else with the information not appear in the about box and javascript be non functional.

Don't understand why I can not reinstall the program or update to ie10 beta. Thanks again and take care... Ruffus