Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Internet Explorer tab problems

slickone is offline New Member

Default Internet Explorer tab problems

Hi Everyone, I have a new tab problem. I have a Lenovo Ideapad with w7 and ie9 . When I try to open a new tab it goes to blank page instead of my first home page. I've gone to internet options and changed the tab settings , but it won't stay set. I'm not a PC pro. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Tanmay is offline Windows Enthusiast

Hi Everyone, I have a new tab problem. I have a Lenovo Ideapad with w7 and ie9 . When I try to open a new tab it goes to blank page instead of my first home page. I've gone to internet options and changed the tab settings , but it won't stay set. I'm not a PC pro. Please help. Thanks in advance.
    If anything doesn't work out, follow these steps to set your default home page:

Right-click on the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop and select "Properties" > In the "Target" box you will get "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" > Now edit this line to add a URL of your Home Page. e.g. if you want to add Bing, then you can make it as > "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" [add your URL without http:// & square brackets] > Open Internet Explorer from your Desktop

I hope it works
    Last edited by Tanmay; 16th April 2013 at 17:01.

thanks Tanmay

mikesmrs is offline Beginner

Open a new tab to your home page in Internet Explorer

When you open a new tab by clicking the New Tab button or by pressing Ctrl+T, Internet Explorer displays the new tab page.

If you prefer that your home page appear when you open a new tab, follow these steps:
    To display the home page in new tabs

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the General tab, and then, under Tabs, click Settings.

In the Tabbed Browsing Settings dialog box, in the When a new tab is opened, open list, click Your first home page, click OK, and then click OK again.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

Hi mikesmrs , I have tried that , but won't stay changed after pc is restarted

Maybe a repair would help:

I have tried to post a link to the Microsoft Support Article, but I am unable to do so. Perhaps because I am a new joiner. Try searching Google for KB318378.

mikesmrs Hi , I did a ie9 reset using your advise KB318378 . So far it's holding. Did a couple reboots. Hopefully it will stay... thanks again..

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Maybe this will help you. Reset Internet Explorer settings easily with Microsoft Fix It Resetting IE settings usually solves all problems. But make sure you backup your bookmarks etc first.
    Tanmay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slickone View Post
    mikesmrs Hi , I did a ie9 reset using your advise KB318378 . So far it's holding. Did a couple reboots. Hopefully it will stay... thanks again..
    You are welcome, slickone.

Well, I guess I spoke to soon. Seems like Ground Hog Day. Same problem..

Page 1 of 2 12 Last