trojwl is offline New Member

Default How to uninstall Internet Explorer 10 & back to IE9 or IE8

Is there any way to go back to IE8 or IE9? I miss being able to use back button while navigating.

Digerati is offline Windows Enthusiast

Ummm, the back button works in IE10.

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    Ummm, the back button works in IE10.

It does work about 90% of the time. The rest of the time I have to navigate back by other means. And the problem is not site-specific.

Doesn't happen when I use Chrome.

And good luck using the now-worthless Microsoft.com. The site used to be a lot more user friendly.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Open Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off.

There if you uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 check-box and click OK, your Windows will uninstall IE10 and revert back to IE9. A restart may be required.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Open Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off.

There if you uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 check-box and click OK, your Windows will uninstall IE10 and revert back to IE9. A restart may be required.
    Sound like great info however, once in CP, the subsequent folders are not there (Windows 7). Can't find "all Control Panel Items, etc.

Warren

Default Stop the presses!

Quote Originally Posted by trojwl View Post
    Sound like great info however, once in CP, the subsequent folders are not there (Windows 7). Can't find "all Control Panel Items, etc.

Warren
    Found it. I'll let you know what happens with back key.

Warren

Default Help!

Quote Originally Posted by trojwl View Post
    Found it. I'll let you know what happens with back key.

Warren
    Andy, IE has totally disappeared. After restart,could not longer find IE in program list. It now defaults to the Chrome I already had loaded. And looks like the only option at microsoft.com is loading IE10.

Any suggestions?

Warren

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I should have asked you your Windows version.

Anyway...

Check C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer folder. Do you see iexplore.exe application there? If you see it there, create its shortcut on your dekstop and open it. It should be IE9.

Else, again open Open Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off. Now check the Internet Explorer box there if you see it and restart. You will get the IE back. Check its version.

Now you will have to open Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > Installed Updates. Look for Windows Internet Explorer under Microsoft Windows. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer (I think it should be KB2718695), and then click Uninstall. Once the process is over, restart PC to finish uninstalling. The previous version of IE will be restored.

It is impossible to completely uninstall the version of IE with which your Windows was shipped. This way, you uninstall the later versions and revert back to the previous version.

Also see Fix: Internet Explorer 10 back button not working properly.

Hope something helps.