Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyAndyK

Thread: Internet Explorer wont open, load, work or start

Maroan is offline New Member

Default Internet Explorer wont open, load, work or start

Hello,

I have the following problem: When I click on the Internet Explorer icon on my desktop, the application doesn't start at all. I have tried from its directory with the same result. I have tried the 64bit version and the no add-ons version as well, same result. On the other hand, Chrome works perfectly.... Any ideas?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Check if shortcut is defective. Delete it, recreate a new one and try. You say it wont open even when you click on its .exe file in its Program Directory? That's strange!

Try the following:

1] Try to open Internet Explorer in No Addons mode and see if it works. If it does, maybe some add-on is interfering. Try to identify it and then disable or remove it.

2] Re-register ExplorerFrame.dll file. How do do it? Here: Unregister or Register DLL or OCX files in Windows 8 | 7

3] Run System File Checker: System File Checker: Run sfc /scannow in Windows 7 | 8

4] Open Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter. Open Run box, type the following and hit Enter:

%systemroot%\system32\msdt.exe -id IEBrowseWebDiagnostic

5] Re-register ALL the concerned dll and ocx files and see if it helps. You may use Fix IE.

Additional links if you need: How To Repair Internet Explorer

Hope something helps.
    blannykim likes this.